Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
Jaytee12
My Device: bold 9700

Sync problem- MAPI logon failed.....and try again.

Hi. I have been trying to sync my Bold 9700 with Outlook 2007 for the last 2 days and I get this error: MAPI logon failed. Please run outlook with the profile "outlook" selected and try again. My DM version software is 7.1, my device OS version is 6.0 bundle 3049 and running in Window 7 operation system. Can somebody help me to fix this error? This is the first time that happened to me in couple of years. Thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Sync problem- MAPI logon failed.....and try again.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB31838 Error "MAPI Logon Failed" when attempting to sync with BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
johnbhaviland
My Device: Curve 9300

After searching out and installing some previous versions of Blackberry Desktop when I experienced this problem after the most recent upgrade of the software, I realized that the issue had to stem from some corruption, probably in the contacts section of my OUtlook .pst file. (I realized this because even very early versions of teh Desltop software--for example, version 4.7 with which it came originally--although they were able to synchronize apparently still noted problems with some individual entries.) My solution: I backed up the pst. file (and for good measure it would have been a good idea to export all of the information in it to some text format as well), and then removed all contacts from it inside Outlook itself. I was then able to get even the newest version of Desktop software to restore all the deleted information from the Blackberry, and have had no further problems with synchronization.
johnbhaviland
My Device: Curve 9300

Please see my quick reply to the source post for this thread, since after much effort trying to find and restore earlier version of the Blackberry Desktop software, it appears that the real problem lay in corrupted data inside the OUtlook .pst file itself.  Once that was fixed, even the newest evrsions of Blackberry Desktop software perofmr the synchronization perfectly.