Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
ccbjbcab1
My Device: Z30
Accepted Solution

Sync using Outlook 2013 Preview

I am using Office 365 Small business Plan along with Outlook 2013 Preview.

When I try to sync I get a Sync error message Invalid ID or Unable to add field.

Is it not available to sync yet using Outlook 2013 Preview.

Thanks,

Charles

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Sync using Outlook 2013 Preview

Hello,

That is correct...refer:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

OL2013 is not yet supported.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
ccbjbcab1
My Device: Z30

Thanks for your help.

ccbjbcab1

Visitor
plelovetako
My Device: blackberry 9700

Regular Visitor
JimCanuck
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry PlayBook

[ Edited ]

After a lot of checking around and my own experience:

1. Desktop Manager was never setup to sync with Office 2013 Preview - that was effectively a MS beta version.

2. Today I subscribed to Office 365 which includes Office 2013 Home Premium; syncing to Desktop Manager (with my Torch 9800) is working again.

(I took the subscription as I can then put Office 2013 on 3 PC's and Office 2011 on 2 Macbooks here with its five license feature. Also I decided to use MS's hosting of MS Exchange due to the multiplicy of devices and PC's I have)

My next challenge arises when I get my Z10 later this week.

Jim Courtney
@voiceontheweb
LinkeIn: jimcourtney

Denali InterConneXions Inc.
jim.courtney@dicx.com
@jimcanuck
M: +1 (416) 565-5767
O: +1 (905) 812-0202 or +1 (650) 488-4610
F: +1 (647) 800-6966

Author: Experience Skype to the Max
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for providing your experience...I'm sure that others will benefit greatly from it.

JimCanuck wrote:

My next challenge arises when I get my Z10 later this week.

That will be fun...but will require your patience. The device is so very different from any prior BlackBerry device...you must give yourself time to get used to it.

Further, to set your expectation correctly...at present, there is no direct sync capability between the Outlook client and BB10 devices...no Desktop Software synchronization via USB or BT. They have committed to returning that to market by the end of the year, but it is currently not available. Further still, the Z10 does not use BIS and instead uses on-device ActiveSync for Email, Calendar, and Contacts synchronized OTA from compatible services. I do not know if your hosted Exchange qualifies as such, but I think that it should...which should then give you much more enhanced OTA sync capabilities and no longer require the USB tethered sync anyway.

Good luck, and welcome (almost) to BB10!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code