Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
fishcad
My Device: BlackBerry Tour
Accepted Solution

Sync wants to delete old calendar entries

My apologies if this has been covered, but I haven't been able to find it.   I have a BB Curve and Blackberry Desktop Software.  Since updating to 7.1.0 Bundle 2879 on the phone I can't sync with Outlook without deleting all past calendar entries. (My BB Desktop Software is 7.1.0.41 Bundle 42.)  I have the device set to keep keep appointments forever.  I have run a sync with the software set to sync one-way from the computer to the device which does not ask to delete all the old entries, but when I switch back to two-way sync it again wants to delete all past calendar entries on the device.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DTMOC
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Sync wants to delete old calendar entries

You have options in the Organizer Tab for Calendar by clicking on Configure. From there, there you can choose to sync ALL calendar entries. This should be a resolution. Additionally, there are options to further control what syncs by clicking on the advanced button.

If you want to control how much calendar data remains on your mobile consider...

I have had problems with Blackberry's handling of appts in the past where - when an appt is deemed to be removed from the mobile device - it removed it also from Outlook! This should NEVER be - but WAS. As a result it is a better 'policy' to simply have your BB sync ALL appts and control how much will remain on your phone by using Outlook's archiving feature. When the calendar items do move to your archive, then you will see appts to be deleted from your phone but they will just be "older" appts according to what you have setup.

And regardless - before you do any new sync or major changes that may react unexpectedly...

Make a backup of your Outlook file just in case!!

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.