Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

coachkozy
My Device: Torch 9800

Sync with MAC

I downloaded Blackberry  Desktop software for MAC to sync my Torch.  It will sync my contacts but not my iCal.  It stays on syncing calendar and hangs.  I let it run over night, but still transferring after 12 hours.

Anybody have any suggestions?

New Contributor
Virtuewelle
My Device: bold 9700

Re: Sync with MAC

This is driving me crazy as well..  Anyone???  I am so ready to toss my bb and switch.  This is umm... SORT OF IMPORTANT and this issue is all over the boards...with no resolution. 

New Contributor
kpgrove
My Device: Curve 8530

I have been having sync problems for a couple of months.  My carrier support suggested using Google sync for contacts, which i did but now my sync with Entourage calendar only works one way: from blackberry to entourage.  It won't sync from entourage to blackberry.  Very frustrating!  And it even deletes some recurring events on my entourage calendar.  I think I have checked and re-checked all settings but maybe there is something I missed?

New Contributor
tismeinaz
My Device: Bold 9650

You are going to love this answer. I had a similar problem when I first got my bold and there is a setting in one of the options tabs that needs to be changed but I can't remember which one and what it is called as this was last year and I've never had the problem since. I got the info from my service's blackberry customer service guy.
New Contributor
Virtuewelle
My Device: bold 9700

Only problems...no answers...Blackberry stinks.

Visitor
kbdou
My Device: torch 9800

Calendar synchronization with Entourage/iCal erases all data about one day to 2 or 3, since last month.

It first ask but I don't have an other choice if I want to synchronize.

I must back up iCal and restore the backup but I loose the directions of the Blackberry, and the tranfer to Entourage is slow.

Some events are also multiplied (sometimes 30 times)

Who can find a solution ? Thanks

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey coachkozy & Virtuewelle,

When you click on Calendar in BlackBerry Desktop Software do you have any calendar that are listed as Read Only?  

How many calendar entries are currently on the BlackBerry?

If you try to perform the synchronization with no calendar entries on the BlackBerry does it go through successfully?

I look forward to your replies.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

jrg22
My Device: BB Torch

No help / solution to desktop software for mac hanging provided by BB/RIM. Let the stock price fall to reflect the true value of this company. Torch for sale cheap, iphone wanted.

Contributor
zali168
My Device: Torch 9860 & Playbook 64G

Syncing with Mac OS X 10.6.7 is a not easy. Can ONLY sync addressbook but not directly from Outlook 2011 for Mac. Not really syncing since always opts to delete all data in BB, have to make sure new entries are done in Outlook. Outlook have to sync with Mac Addressbook then to BB 9780 from Desktop Manager Build 2.0.1 (build 14). There is no option from Desktop Manager to choose the reference point of syncing. Very frustrating since cannot sync Notes, Calendar and Task. Opt not to double work by doing entry on iCal and Outlook.