Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Sync with multiple contact folders in 7.0.0.59

I just upgraded to 7.0.0.59 (bundle 60) from 7.0.0.43 (bundle ) and I noticed that Intellisync has been replaced.  Unfortunately there seems to be a defect ...

I have Outlook 2003 runnig against Exchange 2003, and I have 3 public contact folders as well as my local contacts folders.  I have marked the contacts in each of the folders that I wish to have on my cell phone with a specific category ("Bill Cell Phone").  With Intellisync, I had added each of the 4 folders to the list of folders and had created a filtering rule that said "Categories contain Bill Cell Phone") - As an aside, the upgrade did NOT migrate these settings and I had to recreate them - no biggie.

Unfortunately, if my local contacts folder is set as the default, the sync software filters and syncs my local contacts ONLY and does NOT filter and sync other public folders - I get only the 16 contacts from my local folder on my device.  If I set the default to one of the other public folders, I get most (337/355) of my contacts (Private contacts - 16, Public Folder 1 - 46, Public Folder 2 - 138, Public Folder 3 - 155, for a total of 355)

The number of contacts retrieved changes depending on which folder I make the default (I get only 16 if I make the Private contacts folder the default, otherwise I get 337 (which is 2 less than the sum of the number of marked contacts in the 4 public folders).  I get no indication of any failure or error of any kind.

Please, someone fix this!

Bill