Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
ta1835
My Device: Q10

Synch of Outlook Calendar is deleting calendar entries again. 9900, Outlook 2013, Windows 8

Started again.  I have calendar on blackberry set to keep entries forever, I have a desktop manager set to do two way synch.  Now the synch process seems to be randomly deleting entries from Outlook again.  I do not want any calendar entries deleted. Any idea how to stop this?  Problem has been coming and going for more than a year.

msr
Please use plain text.
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Synch of Outlook Calendar is deleting calendar entries again. 9900, Outlook 2013, Windows 8

Hi ta1835,

Could you please verify that the entries being removed from your calendar during synchronization are still present on the BlackBerry smartphone? Are these calendar entries past or future appointments?

If only past appointments are affected and they have also been removed from the BlackBerry smartphone, its possible that the Low Memory Manager may be removing them and then the synchronization process is trying to make the same changes in Microsoft Outlook. Here is a KB article that may provide more information. "What is the Low Memory Manager feature on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/HX9rGI

Please let me know the results,

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ta1835
My Device: Q10

Re: Synch of Outlook Calendar is deleting calendar entries again. 9900, Outlook 2013, Windows 8

The entries are usually past appointments however it is critical that they not be deleted from either device.  I will only be able to verify what the synch is trying to delete and whether they remain on the device the next time this happens.  I did notice some of the appointments were very recent (previous day) while others were from a couple of weeks back.  There was no obvious pattern to the ones being deleted.

I have plenty of memory available on the device, how can I stop the LMM from ever deleting appointments?  This behavior is not one that makes any sense to me.

msr
Please use plain text.
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey ta1835,

When you are checking available memory, are you checking internal memory and not built in media storage or media card storage? Here is a KB article with the settings. "How to check the amount of free space available on a BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/SC0avT

I would also recommend trying the tips in this KB article to maximize the amount of memory available and prevent the Low Memory Manager from being activated. "How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/GHUfiB

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.