Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
carolinebirkby
My Device: Torch 9800

Synchronisation - a Program error occurred

I got the following error message while synchronising:

A program error occurred line 1044 in
c:\hudson\jobs\rim7.0\workspace\rsutils\rectrans\rstol\OIAccess\.h  Please sent this to Technical support.

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Synchronisation - a Program error occurred

Hi carolinebirkby,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Could you provide more information on the synchronization issue you are having please?

What version of BlackBerry® Desktop Software do you have installed?

Which email client on the computer are you synchronizing with and what version is it?

Which organizer is being synchronized when you receive this error message? (Calendar, Address Book, Memos, Tasks) You may need to synchronize each of these individually to determine this.

Thanks,

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

bpratt01
My Device: 9900

Re: Synchronization - a Program error occurred

I too ran into this exact same error trying to sync using this software download: Desktop Software v7.0.0 B60

We are trying to sync Public Folder calendar and contacts from Outlook...

Previous versions of Desktop Manager had strange issues as well, however, this looks like someone used an absolute path when coding part of the application. 

If this is something RIM wants to discontinue developing properly, I suggest you just pull it out, otherwise please fix this!

New Contributor
AndrewDrury
My Device: Blackberry 9700 Bold

Re: Synchronisation - a Program error occurred

I have exactly the same error using Blackberry Desktop Software v 7.1.0.32  B33   Impossible to sync Calendar at all with Outlook, though contacts, tasks etc. all sync OK.

What is solution or workaround?

Andrew

New Contributor
AndrewDrury

Re: Synchronisation - a Program error occurred: more detao;

I should have added

*  I've uninstalled/re-installed the desktop Software - no effect, still get same error

*  I've removed/re-installed handheld device OS - no effect, still get same error

So it looks rather like a coding error in the desktop software.  I don't recall any changes to this software (e.g. new build) for some time, which might have introduced the problem.  So possibly it only arises after Outlook Calendar exceeds a certain number of entries (????), or something like that - just a guess.  Mine has ~2500 entries, and I've been unable to sync it to Blackberry for ~1 month.

SInce being able to take my calendar/schedule on the road is critical for me, failing rapid solution to this problem, next step is simply for me and the family to quit using Blackberrys (3), and go to something that works.

Andrew

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi AndrewDrury,

You may want to try testing with a new Mapi profile with your current .pst file added to it to see if that resolves the issue. These KB articles provide more information on configuring this.

"How to create a Microsoft Outlook MAPI profile" http://bbry.lv/Ri5TWj

"How to configure the BlackBerry Desktop Software to use a new MAPI profile" http://bbry.lv/Ri5Yco

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
AndrewDrury

Hi Frankie:  thanks very much for suggestion, and references on how to follow it.  Appreciate the help, though suggestion is a bit teccy for me.

Decided eventually not to try what you suggest and re-set MAPI for Outlook, which I have found a pain since I found I had to use it to sync Blackberry to desktop (a big weakness of Blackberry, I felt).  Been looking for a long time for a way to exclude Outlook from software I use, and have now found I can sync EssentialPIMPro (which I use in preference to Outlook) direct to Android devices.  So changing to Android smartphone.  

Keith Drury

Visitor
macinsu
My Device: tourch 9810

I am having this issue with sync also..nothing will sync.  Following message appears:

"Synchronisation Error :   CRTran Rec::GetModifiedInfo : Modified Info Not Avialable"

I have updated desktop and torch 9810 software and it does not work.  I have gone back to a previous version of the handheld software (when it did work) and it still will not sync.  Its driving me crazy.  I have a load of updates to sync and am getting no where.