Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

SionEdwards
My Device: Bold 9700

Synchronisation does not work since installation of update to Desktop of May 17th 2012

I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700 - based in the UK. I use a Sony Vaio laptop on Vista

Attempting to synchronise my BlackBerry Bold 9700 through the Desktop Software for PC ( Version 7.0.0.59 ) since the installation of an update of May 17th 2012 (Bundle 60) has been very disappointing.

I have repetitively failed to synchronise my BlackBerry since this update and have been unable to find any information about how to resolve this on this site.

The synchronisation appears to progress ( though it seems that BlackBerry have removed the previously used Intellisync in this update) but by the time it seems to reach the end it states that the synchronisation has been unsuccessful, lists 47 items which are in conflict,  and a window appears entitled "Synchronisation Error" - "The following recurring event coulld not be synced" - (then gives a calendar entry which I have subsequently removed from both the smartphone and the laptop) - "Remove the event and sync again".

Removing this event from both the device and the laptop seems to have no effect - and repeating the synchronisation process continues to result in the appearance of this window, despite the removal of the event in question.

Can you help?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Chowie
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Synchronisation does not work since installation of update to Desktop of May 17th 2012

I'm having a similar problem with syncing, it's a common problem with STILL hasn’t been overcome by the ‘amazing’ blackberry staff.

If you read the recent posts on this forum you’ll see a lot of people are having similar problems and as far as I can see there isn’t a solution as yet.

Notice the sarcasm ^^

Please use plain text.