Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Synchronising Calender on my Bold 9900 with PC running Windows 8

I cannot synchronise my calender either by wifi or manually.  My emails work fine and synchronise. I am using Windows Live Mail. When i try to synch manually I get a message headed "The organiser applications on your computer are not supported" with a further message saying refer to www.blackberry.com/desktops/docs/ for a list of supported applications.  This page no longer exists. My PC is an HP Pavilion 23 which came with Microsoft programmes, so i can't really understand what's going wrong. Any suggestions please?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Synchronising Calender on my Bold 9900 with PC running Windows 8

Are you using the built in Calendar App in Windows 8 or anothe rprogram such as Outlook?

Currently the Calendar App in Windows 8 is not one of the supported PIM apps to sync with. 

New Contributor

I am using the calender within Windows Live Mail which i use for emails and contacts. What is a PIM please?

Forums Veteran I

A PIM is a Personal Information Manager such as Outlook or Lotus Notes. The Windows Live Mail program is not supported. 

New Contributor

Is it likely to be supported soon or what do i have to do to be able to see the same calender entries on my PC and my 9900 please?

Forums Veteran I

As to being supported soon I have no idea. 

As to being able to sync your calendar to your phone, you would either need to purchase a copy of Outlook and use the Hotmail connector available or move your calendar to another service such as Google which supports synchronisation over the air. 

New Contributor

Thanks.