Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

mptimm
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Synchronization error CRTranDB::AddNew : Duplicate record Id - FFFFF99B

[ Edited ]

I very recently upgraded to the new Blackberry Desktop Software for my Torch 9810.  the transition seemed to go well, I did a number of syncs w/o problems.  This morning I suddently received the sync error in the subject line, which is preventing me from completing a sync.  Help?

Syncing w/ Microsoft Outlook

Matt

Please use plain text.
bestkiter
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Synchronization error CRTranDB::AddNew : Duplicate record Id - FFFFF99B

Hi there,

I hope someone can help because I have the same fault now...

Thanks,

Carl

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hello,

To resolve the synchronization error "CRTranDB::AddNew : Duplicate record Id", please backup your BlackBerry® smartphone and clear the Address Book All database.

The following KB articles provide the steps to backup and to clear the Address Book All database.

"How to back up data on a BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/IWfPl0

"How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/JtQKcw

Once the Address Book All database has been cleared, please try to synchronize again.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbunch
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

i have tried deleting the address book only, calendar only, and finally all data items and i still get the error.  is there a way to escalate this?  i am screwed without being able to sync my data at least a couple of times a day.

i have the bold 9930 from verizon and desktop manager 7.1 on a windows 7/64 bit machine with 8 gb of ram.

Edit:  I have now done a full restore after wiping the bold 9930.  same results, same error messages.  ironically, even when i uncheck the box to sync for the calendar (telling it not to sync it), which is where the problem seems to be, it still gives me an error for a bad recurring appointment, even though it's not supposed to be syncing it.  this sounds like something deeper than a bad file.  I get roughly the same error message listed above.  When the sync fails, I get;  "An error has occurred during an attempt to access a device database record." 

i have had similar problems with Blackberry sync before and this is seeming like yet another bug in desktop manager, yes?

Any advise that works is appreciated.

HELP!

Please use plain text.
FrankieS

Hi sbunch,

This KB article should provide more information on the "An error has occurred during an attempt to access a device database record" error you are receiving when trying to synchronize. "BlackBerry Desktop Software displays "An error has occurred during an attempt to update a device database record." during contact synchronization" http://bbry.lv/Vz33Kl

Hope this helps.

-FS

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbunch

The error message you reference only happened when i was restoring data.  after doing about 10 restores it looks like everything restored.  So I just removed any fields that are not email address, but i still get the original message, the CRTranDB etc. message.  the error code has changed but it still will not sync.  Help.!

Please use plain text.
FrankieS

Hi sbunch,

In that case, I would recommend asking your network proivder to escalate this issue to Research In Motion® for further investigation.

Thanks.

-FS

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbunch

Is there anything else i can try?  I need this working ASAP, and going through VZW will take time.  I've already done a full wipe of the phone

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbunch

[ Edited ]

Frankie, I did a wipe and restore, so put the same possibly corrupted data or database back onto the phone.  would doing a factory reset help?/take it back to new with nothing but the standard programs on it?  then i could sync and hope all of my settings and apps reinstall/transfer over.  would that work?  what would i have to reinstall if i do this?  i know i'd have to configure the email again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbunch

A follow up.  I initiated the factory reset from desktop manager but i got an error on my PC which says "an error occurred while resetting the device to factory settings."  Help.

Please use plain text.