Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810 4G
Accepted Solution

Synchronization error - Redemption is not installed

Phone: Torch 9810 software: 7.0 bundle 2404

Microsoft Outlook Professional Plus 2010

Blackberry Desktop Software 7.0.0.59

Phone connected to PC via USB cable

Windows 7 64-bit Professional

I can no longer synchronize my outlook calander with my phonekeep receiving th9is error

I believe this started happening after an update came through on the Blackberry Desktop Software.

How do I get this corrected?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Synchronization error - Redemption is not installed

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB31987"Synchronization Error Redemption is not installed." occurs when synchronizing organizer data

Unfortunately, as the KB states, there is no resolution at this time.

You might, however, try a clean "start over" with the Desktop Software (as opposed to the "update" condition you are presently in). If you wish to try that, I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Try to do a backup of your device, total uninstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software and delete files included in the common file folder under program files. Re-install a fresh copy of the software and create new sync settings
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
Contributor
My Device: Bold

I have the same problem and posted it about 6 weeks ago. Did a complete reinstall of the desktop software without any change. I think it's pretty weak from RIM that they are not addressing this issue and have not come up with a solution. I cannot continue to use a BB as I am dependent upon synchronization with Outlook and I cannot back it up anymore. I have been a loyal BB user for the past 8 years but this is unacceptable. I guess they don't care about the market share they are losing to Apple. All I can say is that, unless they come up with a solution for this problem in the next week or so, I will finally give in, jump on the iPhone bandwagon, and get the iPhone 5, or whatever they will call it, next week. And I don't think I will be the only one...

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

[ Edited ]

I got the same error.

I did the remove-reinstall and it worked for a few days, but then got the error back.

I do not want to be doing this every few days so I started trying things out.

I work around the problem by noy opening outlook before synchronizing. This seems to work every time.

It's not the best, but beats having to remove-reinstall.

Just to be clear, after windows starts I can synchronize and backup my BB phone before starting outlook or office communicator.After I sync+backup it sometimes keeps working even after opening outlook sometimes not.

However if I open outlook and/or Office Communicator before bb sync/backup I get the error.

Contributor
My Device: Bold

Thanks for the reply. Still a pain and it shouldn't have to be this way. My original post regarding this problem (different thread) was when they first came out with the new desktop software (in June or July, I think). They had their chance and ample time to fix it. My iPhone 5 arrives today...
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

I agree with you. Too bad for me that the company I work for requires us to have BB for enterprise push mail.

I think that with the new iOS the iPhone is(was?) suposed to support this but the company has not approved it yet

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810 4G

This problem has now been resolved for me.

I have updated to Desktop software level 7.1.0.32 released Jul 11, 2012

Have update to phone software level 7.1 Bundle 1997

Synchronization with outlook work with no problems

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic

After switching from Q10 back to BB9900 i have this problem which i cannot solve by any means (tried few ways that i could find online, including this forum): when i start sync bb9900 the bb soft gived this notification "Redemption is not installed" and i cannot sync bb9900 anymore .. 

please, if someone knows, give me solution for this, i havent sync my contacts, notes for more than a month due to this problem. very annoying. 

Solutions: 6,060
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

augusts wrote:

After switching from Q10 back to BB9900 i have this problem which i cannot solve by any means (tried few ways that i could find online, including this forum): when i start sync bb9900 the bb soft gived this notification "Redemption is not installed" and i cannot sync bb9900 anymore .. 

please, if someone knows, give me solution for this, i havent sync my contacts, notes for more than a month due to this problem. very annoying. 

Try the resolution marked as "SOLUTION" in this thread, just above your post.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code