Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Arenal
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Synchronization with outlook 2010 and zarafa client.

I have bold 9700 which I cannot synchronize since I have a 2010 outlook ( and I have a zarafa account) now for more than a year. I was hoping the problem would solve itself but nothing happened ever since. Does anyone know how I can make this work? Thanks

Developer
joanb
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook 64GB

Re: Synchronization with outlook 2010 and zarafa client.

Can you give more details, please... error messages or behavior, for instance...

thx

BES10 administrator for several customers.
"SMPTE Calculator" timecode APP developer for BB10
New Contributor
Arenal

[ Edited ]

Yes sorry... you are right. I installed the the latest version of the BB desktop. I run sunchro setup. I choise the 2 way synchro ( adres and agenda ) okay the thing ... choise outlook ... okay the thing again and then I get congratulated with the installation. However... hitting the sychro button on the right bottom of the program it simply asks again for the same procedure.

Then I tried to make an new profile ( Zarafa instead of outlook ) but that ended up with the same result ( However I do have the feeling that I need to look for a solution in that direction ?? )

I have a outlook 2010 32 bit and installed the lates version of bb desktop. I am sorry I do not have more info but I really hope you can help me with this.

And you problebly know but Zarafa is my email cloud. All my email is running through internet.

Developer
joanb

Ok,

I can't recproduce your scenario, but let's check first things first.

I should concentrate in Outlook, as I presume your Zarafa account just sends all malbox/calendar info to your Outlook and so information is stored (sooner or later) into Outlook local files, right?

If so, Sync happens between Outlook and BB via Desktop Soft.

Please, after configure settings are done, go to Advanced button and double check all parameters, asking yourself if all have sense to you. Don't forget Map folder button an map Fields. Check the advanced button for all data type you want to sync (calendar, address book, etc)

BB9700 is a os5.0 device and I tried to Sync with outlook and Bold9000 (also 5.0) and it worked first try.

Also I reccomend to follow these steps to wipe Desktop manager current config and start over from scratch in config setting.

Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager application.
    Disconnect the BlackBerry device from the computer.
    Double Click on My Computer> Local Disk (C drive>Documents and Settings>(username)>Application Data>Research In Motion>Blackberry>Intellisync
        Note: If the Application Data folder is not present, click Tools>Folder Options at the top of the screen.
        Click the View Tab, then click on Show Hidden Files and Folders.
        Click Apply>Ok and continue through the remaining steps.
    Delete everything within the Intellisync folder.
    Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager and attempt sync the device with the computer.

Good luck, and let me know if it worked (read the below signature) ;-)

New Contributor
Arenal

Please, after configure settings are done, go to Advanced button and double check all parameters, asking yourself if all have sense to you. Don't forget Map folder button an map Fields. Check the advanced button for all data type you want to sync (calendar, address book, etc) 

Now that is the problem... although it seems I have configure the settings .... thge system congratulate me with installation. Then when I hit the finish button and return to the starting page it appears that nothing happened. And thus I cannot hit the advanced button since these is no advance possible on nothing if you know what I mean.

I know this is difficult to understand but this is what happens and I cannot figure out what to do about it.

Developer
joanb

[ Edited ]

Very interesting....

Are we facing permissions problem in windows?

Delete/remove/kiil/erase/uninstall BBdesktop from your PC, follow the procedure.

Reinstall it. Make sure in the folders involved (those deleted following the remove procedure) you have permission to write.

New Contributor
Arenal

Since this was an ongoing problem I did remove the program a long time a ago and reinstalled this prior to our conversation.

I can do this again but I do not think I understand

Reinstall it. Make sure in the folders involved (those deleted following the remove procedure) you have permission to write.

Developer
joanb

What I mean is:
Reinstall it and after installation, check you can write (save files) in the new directories created by the installer.
You have to be sure you are granted to save your config and settings there.