Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

awothers
My Device: Not Specified

Synchronization

I use the "World Edition" Blackberry.

When I run Synchro I get the following message:

"There was a total of 1 record(s) skipped during the synchro...

Address Book: Device  -0, Microsoft Outlook - 1

Please check the synchro log for more details."

I have checked the log but I can't find the record referred to. Can anyone tell me how to find it?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
jonner

Re: Synchronization

That error is normally due to Outlook having a Contact with No Name in it, you can just ignore it or if it bothers you find the entry in outlook with no name.

In Outlook Contacts go to Tools>Find>Advanced find then click on the Advanced Tab.

Click on the Field button at the bottom  and go to Frequently used fields, select First name. In the Condition click "is empty" then Click add

Complete those steps selecting Last Name, and then Company name as well, both Conditions as "is empty"

Then click Find now, you should find one entry, delete it and the error should go away.

New Contributor
Dawg
My Device: 8130 Pearl

correct I find that its usually a user error when something goes wrong in a sync. Check all fields
r_kamur

Excellent answer!  I just upgraded from a Treo 755p to a Curve, and there were a number of entries that had no name, probably when I his "add contact" by mistake.  I simply added names to them, and, voila!  No error message.  The error is not fatal, but it is kind of a pain, because it requires user input to dismiss.