Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Synchronizing and connection to the internet

I am trying to synchronize my computer (and blackberry) with the desktop software, as per the instructions in the manual.

However, I keep getting an error message that say I am not connected to the internet and to check the connection (something to that affect).

I am on the internet and I don't know how to resolve this issue.

My apologizies if this isn't a new topic,  but there are too many topics to peruse on this forum.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Synchronizing and connection to the internet

I'm having the same problem.  I just purchased the BB Curve 8310.  I whave went through the whole install process of the DM software and tried to do the initial sync, but I get a message saying i need to be connected to the internet.  I'm connected through a wireless network, and even tried a direct connection through my router - but no luck

PLEASE HELP!!

New Contributor

Re: Synchronizing and connection to the internet

I think i figured out part of the problem.  Well the solution anyway.  I downloaded an older version 4.2 sp2 and installed that on my computer (after uninstalling the 4.5 version)  I was able to sync my BB just find after that.  I am thinking about reinstalling the 4.5 software to see what happens, but since I'm leaving on a trip that will wait till I get back.  If someone does this, let me know how it works out