Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Synchronizing problems with Vista -- Windows Calendar

Just got my Blackberry Pearl -- am trying to synchronize with my laptop, which is running Vista.

it synchronizes my contacts and emails just fine, but I can't get it to synchronize with my calendar or tasks.   Anyone else run into this problem?

Regular Contributor

Re: Synchronizing problems with Vista -- Windows Calendar

Not sure about the tasks, but DM won't synch with Vista's calendar.  It will synch with Outlook's calendar.  They aren't the same.

Hello. I am having the same problem with my  Blackberry World Edition.  I thought I had checked for this before purchasing.  Is there a fix for this?  When doing the setup the only calendar program options it gives me are Yahoo and ASCII!  Help!
New Contributor

kberry, that's my exact problem -- only ASCII and Yahoo show up as options for syncing calendar and tasks.  Yes, since I'm on Vista I'm using Windows Mail and Windows Calendar -- the upgraded versions of Outlook.  From what I've read online, this is very common -- yet no one seems to offer a solution.  The email syncs fine, so I'm hopeful that a fix is out there somewhere??
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810 - AT&T
My Carrier: AT&T

The reason is you do not have Outlook Downloaded. I had the same problem, (only ASCii or Yahoo. Very frustrating..

When I downloaded Office 2003, and I configured the Sync, Lo and behold...Outlook was listed!.   As far as tasks and Memos it will be there and when you configure: Microsoft Outlook will be listed.  Good Luck!

Thanks,

Writer~
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
Sorry for so much back-and-forth -- just for clarity: my laptop is running Vista with Office 2007, which offers the newer version of Outlook.  The calendar and tasks are right there, just like they were with Office 2003 -- but they won't sync.  The emails and contacts, however, do.  (Otherwise my frustration would be a bit more acute.)
Message Edited by hilannbro on 04-11-2008 01:00 AM
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810 - AT&T
My Carrier: AT&T

Sorry. If the 2007 has the Calendar and Tasks, it should show up on the "configure" Sync.  Does the word "Outlook" appear?

if not then it might be a problem with your 2007 Office.  Not sure on that. Let me know.

Good Luck!

Thanks,

Writer~
New Contributor

This is a major problem for me and has been for the past two months.  I am running Vista with Outlook 2007 and I can't get Intellisync to work.  I have "upgraded" to Desktop 4.3 and still have no ability to sync my Blackberry Pearl with the Outlook Calendar (or anything else in Outlook).  Rogers says that it is a BB Desktop problem related to Vista and they don't know when a fix will be available.  I am resigned to either entering every meeting twice (once in Outlook and then again on the handheld) or tossing out this device and getting something else.

Has anyone solved a similar problem?

New Contributor

I just found this possible solution (scroll down to bottom of page):

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2005/10/05/00931/

It never occurred to me to contact my service provider, but it sounds as though Verizon might offer a fix.  It's worth a shot!

New Contributor

Problem appears to have been solved.  I removed BB Desktop 4.3 through the Vista Control Panel.  I then downloaded BB Desktop Version 4.2 Service Pack 2.  After setting all the appropriate pointers via synchronize config reset (Calendar, contacts, etc.) to Outlook 2007 I have successfully synced twice.  Hopefully this continues.