Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Bold 9700

Syncing Calendar with Outlook 2010 problems!!!

Hi all,

I am having problems since I chaned my PC to Outlook 2010. My syncs started giving an error about the "default calendar service". Since then I kept switching "default calendar services" between the two e-mail addresses I use in BB, and finally got it right with my default email, which is a gmail address. However, new appointments from BB (which figure in my BB calendar as the service "**@gmail.com") do not sync with my PC. New appointments from my Outlook do sync into my BB and figure in my BB as the calendar service "default". Does anyone even know what I am talking about? Calendar default services, and the miscommunication between the default calendar service BB uses for new appointments ("**@gmail.com"), and the service Outlook is attempting to sync with ("default")? Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Syncing Calendar with Outlook 2010 problems!!!

[ Edited ]

Hi ToriOM,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

If you change the default calendar to your Gmail® calendar, are you able to synchronize those appointments? Do you have wireless synchronization enabled for your Gmail® calendar? If so, the wireless synchronization would have to be disabled in your calendar options in order to synchronize via USB cable. This KB article provides more information. "What is calendar synchronization with Gmail?" http://bbry.lv/Hv63Rt

Only the calendar that is set as the default on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone will synchronize with Microsoft® Outlook®. If you wish to synchronize both calendars with Microsoft® Outlook® you can merge the two calendars on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone into one by following the steps in this KB article. "How to merge multiple calendars into one calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/JTcocQ

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!