Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
PETERPNYC
My Device: BOLD 9650

Syncing bold 9650 to Vista and Win 7 laptops

Now I have a new problem . I bought a new laptop MS win 7, and I want to sync my BB bold 9650 to this and my old DELL  Vista OS

I had to DLoad  Desktop Software ver 7.1.0  Bun 33  cause its all I could find at the time .   Found some ver 6.1.0 but they were not from Bb so did not want to download

When I sync my Bold with the Old DELL Vista  the first 150 of my contacts got corrupted .  It appears that the full NAME  filed was moved to the company  field and now

when i look at contacts in Address card I see nothing on the top line.

If I look at them in Business card view ,  I can se them but that is not the best way for me to be able to see them all easily .

I tried unistalling and reverting to an earlier DM ver 6.1.0 that I had before but that got corrupted and I am back to version 7.1. 0  Ver 7 dooes not use Intellisync so it syncs differently now

AT some point I deleted all the contacts on the device  and transferred them via Out look one way sync .

I had backed them up before  so I used that to send them to device.

Now I dont know how to map fields in BB to match outlook 2007 and if that was the problem why did only 100+ contacts have the field changed. 

I could go through the 100+ contacts and copy paste "company " filed into name filed if there is no other way but I am afraid it will happen again if i don't figure out what caused it in the first place.

Is there a solution , and how do I map fileds in Outlook to sync properly with BB DM Ver 7.1.0 .   I mapped them all correctly a few years ago when I converted from Palm to BB . Was basically trouble free for a long time 

Thanks

P.S. I have heard people having problems with Win 7 sync and I have even touched that yet 

Please use plain text.
Developer
moniko17
My Device: Javelin 8900

Re: Syncing bold 9650 to Vista and Win 7 laptops

maybe your blackberry software not installed correctly, try to reinstall your software

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PETERPNYC

Unintalled and reinstalled . What I see when i go into advanced sync of contacts , fields >  the first name , last name,

company name, fields  are greyed out 

I just cheked the new Win 7 laptop and the fileds are greyed out there also 

So i dont belive all is well . Maybe they are not syncing all ?

I just synced after deleting one contact in outlook on my laptop and I see its still on my phone

this ver 7.1.0 suxx Have to find an earlier version that is not corrupted

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PETERPNYC

Found version 6.10 DM and unistalled ver 7.1.0  Hopefully things will be better . Have transferred calendar and am preparing to sync  Contacs  with Win & laptop

Thanks

Please use plain text.