Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Syncing issue

Have a BB 8820 and using desktop manager version 4.6.0.12 and the issue is it seems to delete then add all the calendar & contacts in rather than just the new additions/deletes - i've gone through the set up and it has my calendar and contact info with no issues there - it just seems to have to go through the whole process to update even one "test" calendar entry.

Have it set for 2-way sync but do not see any options or advanced options to say just do the additions/deletes since last sync.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Randy

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Syncing issue

hello,

you are asking for a way to synchronize only the events that have been created/modified/deleted since last synchronization.
for the created/modified event, you would need an information : the "last modification date" which does not exist in events (not in Blackberry, not in Outlook).
for the deleted event, you just can't since the event does not exist anymore.

=> you are asking for a feature that is not technically possible.

that is why synchronization has to look every single item sequentially.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I dont remember the earlier version of the desktop mamager having to go through this many steps (or it was just in the background) is this correct that it will delete and then add in all the items all over again for each time i sync....? Logic tells me newer versions should be faster and more efficient - this takes a few min each time.

Also the process used to be autoatic with the older version - i'd hook the BB to the USB cable and the desktop software would open and ask for a password - now with the new version i have to manually open the desktop manager - any ideas on that one....?

Thank you.

Randy  

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Netboy wrote:

I dont remember the earlier version of the desktop mamager having to go through this many steps (or it was just in the background)
(...)
Logic tells me newer versions should be faster and more efficient - this takes a few min each time.

Desktop Manager 4.3 was the latest fast version. Versions 4.5 and 4.6 are slow.

Netboy wrote:
is this correct that it will delete and then add in all the items all over again for each time i sync....?

No. but every single item is watched and compared one by one. Your observation is just about speed.

Netboy wrote:
Also the process used to be autoatic with the older version - i'd hook the BB to the USB cable and the desktop software would open and ask for a password - now with the new version i have to manually open the desktop manager - any ideas on that one....?
If I remember correctly, the problem is on the other way for most users : the Desktop Manager just opens when people turn their computer on. Find the option to do that, then whenever you plug your Blackberry on your PC desktop, the DM will recognize it automatically.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply and info - i'm still unclear on one thing - it literally shows that during sync it will delete then add my entire calendar and/or contacts - i understand the comparison of each item as you described - but it just seems like it is deleting then re-adding rather than just comparing and making the necessary additions/deletions...

Thank you.

Randy