Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

makeBBbetter
My Device: Style 9680
My Carrier: Bell

Syncing particular songs

such a dissapointment....

how do you select single songs from your library without selecting all the songs from a particualr artist or genre?

how do you select a particular album only?

please don't tell me I have to create a playlist first on my itunes....

anyone know an easier way?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Stuey67
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Syncing particular songs

BUMP.

Good question and one that deserves an answer.

I've just bought a Curve 9360 and like everything about it - except the music player.  And I've found the same problem you have - just how do you sync ONE album?  The BB Desktop Manager (DM) recognises that I hold, for instance, 50 Queen tracks, scattered among various albums.  They're listed by artist, playlist and genre.  There is no column for album title.  So as far as I can see, it'll let me sync them all - or none at all.  Just how useless is that?  

And no, I'm not about to waste time creating a whole load of playlists either.  I just find it unbelievable that a Blackberry smartphone/Desktop Manager from 2012 can't perform what is, quite frankly, a very basic function.

However, as said, I'm new to Blackberry, and am more than happy to be corrected on this one.  Anyone?  Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Re: Syncing particular songs

Well, if I'm not mistaken, sync "by album" functionality is not even implemented in iTunes itself, so how do you think that BBDM should be able to do it?

For a single song this is possible if you turn to the AppWorld to find solutions to sync with iTunes directly (through wi-fi).

And, by the way, the creation of a playlist isn't such a hassle if you are so keen to get a precise list of songs transfered to your BB isn't it? You would have to do it anyway if you would need to burn it to a CD from iTunes for example.

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Please use plain text.