Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: The computer must be connected to the Internet in order to initially

rubmop wrote:

You mentioned “formal BB support” Would you not have a number of someone to talk to at BB that can shed some light on a problem that has gone on for YEARS? 

ALL formal support for BB's starts with the wireless service providers and authorized resellers, who have the ability (indeed, responsibility) to escalate cases into RIM that they cannot solve. There is no free method for anyone to seek support directly from RIM. That is the way the support model works. 

rubmop wrote:

You mentioned that my post “view count” could be from people searching the keywords.

Sorry, but I fail to grasp your intended message from the inclusion of that sentence.

rubmop wrote:

I guess my question is, What would YOU do if you were in our position?

I would seek formal support, via my carrier. I would be gently persistent with them and attempt to achieve escalation into RIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Reinstall worked for me. I did not initially choose the media sync. When I setup the organizer, it immediatly found the internet connection and allowed for me to connect to outlook.

I am not sure why they need to make the sync setup so sensitive. Clearly a bug in the installation.

New Contributor
My Device: Onyx2 9780

Your answer is too short - unclear - I have done several imports and exports from Sony Ericsson K800 to P990 then to Samsung G-Tab - but Blackberry has the WORST support so far.  BB can not read multifle vcf phone data WHY ?? Then my BB 9780 can not synchronize because it was looking for internet connection - I have followed all your suggestion - still COULD not work.  I am really disappointed with BB

New Contributor

Do not say that we are very sure !!!
New Contributor

where does this file reside ? I could not find it
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Which file are you talking about?

It is hard to see which person you are responding to.

New Contributor

I had to use a converter from vcf then to ipd - after that store ipd file into BB and restore it using Desktop Manager phuiiiiih it was really an effort - WHY on earth did BB made an internet connection so erratic after version 4.2 ??? BB is the worst smartphone I ever had my hands on - it was only because my wife needs it for the social networking - else I will not buy it
Contributor
My Device: Style 9670

BlackBerry Software Kludge

It is unfortunate that the BlackBerry software is unable to handle an error like this.  It's one more item in the long line of problems the RIM (Research In Motion) created software has wrong with it.

The customer base ( the users) have become far more educated regarding the maladies that plague this kludge.  (Please see the definition of kludge below)

There was a time when an answer like this went unchallenged.  The customer just went off and tried to figure out what the hell you are talking about.  Kept asking the same question over and over on different forums until he either bought a new device or some kind soul gave the help in a language he understood. 

Or, the COMPANY took responsibility and came out with an update that handled the error.

Support folks treat this software as if it is an inconvenience to help you over and over with the same problem.  That’s pure Canadian logic of an under paid over worked staff servicing an inferior product.  NOT the device it’s the software.  Actually the device is quite well made and the ROM engineering isn’t bad either.  It's this awful interface software.  It’s where the rubber meets the road.

No wonder RIM is losing market share.  It’s not price its software workmanship and design.  It’s the worst in the industry most likely.  Even Windows Mobile is far and away better by design and features.  What a kludge (sorry to repeat myself).

Robert Morgan

Orlando

Definition

kludge (/ˈkluːdʒ/) Also kluge. [J. W. Granholm's jocular invention: see first quot.; cf. also bodge v., fudge v.][2]
'An ill-assorted collection of poorly-matching parts, forming a distressing whole' (Granholm); esp. in Computing, a machine, system, or program that has been improvised or 'bodged' together; a hastily improvised and poorly thought-out solution to a fault or 'bug'. …
The word 'kludge' is...derived from the German adjective klug, originally meaning 'smart' or 'witty'.... 'Kludge' eventually came to mean 'not so smart'.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

SOLUTION!!!!

I finally solved this nagging software problem. I got an Android X. Now everything I needed synced  is synced as I go in real time and there is a whole new wonderful world of apps, navigation, communication, and support. Gone are the days and nights of endless frustration trying to convert, work around, reinstall, contact apathetic support etc just to be able to use a phone.

Contributor
My Device: Style 9670

Re: SOLUTION!!!!

The sad part of this is ... It's Not Necessary!

All these folks need to do is their job.  It's what I do for a living and I can tell you this is not that hard. 

If RIM would make this a public project on source forge or even on here this software would be complete and the company wouldn't be compromised technically.

Screw the pads, books and tablets.  Stop that development and fix what you have.  I'm a student of PC development from the beginning.  This is a shame.

Good comment, message received.

Bob