Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

timbigham
My Device: blackberry torch

Torch software problems.

Hi, really hope that you can help. As an oldie I am not exceptionally technically minded like some. My first torch lasted 2 months some of the keys on the keyboard locked up. The mobile was changed by the supplier. Two months on and the whole keyboard has frozen up. In fact the whole phone freezes, and the only way to access the phone is to remove the battery, re install it, then I have to use the touch screen keyboard to enter my contacts, scroll until I find the contact I need enter to obtain the number, and then it locks up again. I am not able to use the phone or access any other apps. I have backed up info, and re installed the software successfully several times, no difference, and have even tried down grading the software, still no better. Please can you advise me what I should do. Thanks in advance. Tim.

New Contributor
Pulione
My Device: Torch - 9800

Re: Torch software problems.

I have lost the Icons for both Text messages and Browser on my Torch 9800, our provider says that it is a software problem and to return the phone for a software update.

Can the software not be updated from Blackberry Desktop.