Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch will no longer sync with iMac

I had set it up to sync with my iMac. And it was working. But now it does no longer work and I do not know why or what has changed.

I basically use my bbry calendar for everything and I have my iMac calendar which gets updates from my kids' schools' and other calendars. I then sync the two and have a complete set of a calendar on both my bbry and my iMac. But now the two no longer sync.

Same happens with my contacts which no longer sync.

Also, when I am in the bbry desktop manager and have the calendar clicked it says: "There are no writeable Calendars available for syncing on this computer. Please launch iCal or Microsoft Entourage and create a new writeable calendar."

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Torch will no longer sync with iMac

Hey Chamakiotes,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the post.

Follow the steps in this KB article to resolve the calendar synchronization error: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20342

With regards to the contact synchronization, do you get any specific errors?  Are you synchronizing the contacts to Entourage or just Mac Address Book?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thank you ViciousFerret.

I am trying to sync the Torch with the iMac canlendar and contacts.  Not Entourage.  After I am successful, I will adrees syncing with Outlook as well.  But for now I am just trying to sync with the iMac so that I can make sure that at least I have that.

I get NO errors in the Contact sync effort.  Like calendar, it just does not update the contact list on the bbry or on the iMac with changes made on either.

As for the calendar, yes, that is what I see when I try to sync and I will try your suggestion.  However, I already have several calendars on iMac that update automatically from other web calendars and I used to sync them with my bbry.  So changes I would make on the bbry would appear on my iMac calendar and changes that had been made to my iMac calendar would be updated on the bbry.  So it is curious to me why would I need to create yet another calendar? 

Thank you,

chamakiotes

Contributor

Dear ViciousFerret,

I responded earlier as well.  I am now home trying your recommendation in creating yet another writeable calendar but when prompted where to save I am only given an icloud option - no iMac option as described in the KB you referred me to.

Additionally, as to my prevoipus response to you, I have several calendars all of which are supposed to be syncing with the bbry (and they used to) (like each of my kids' schools etc).  So why do I need to created more?  And even if I do, the problem is that the bbry does not sync with ANY of them - my own personal ones or my kids' schools' calendars or any of the ones I have.

Thank you again ViciousFerret.

Best regards,

Chamakiotes