Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Aynac
My Device: Z10 + Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Transfer data from Blackberry Link TO Blackberry Desktop

Hello everyone,

I was owner of a Blackberry Z10 that has been stolen* a week after i did a backup on BB Link.

I am now using my old BB Torch 9800, that doesn't work with BB Link but with BB Desktop Software.

I would like to transfer the data (contact and media) from the backup to my Torch 9800.

HOW CAN I DO THE TRANSFER ?

*Can I still locate it even it was turn off ? Otherwise can i lock the stolen device now ?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
allaineem
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Transfer data from Blackberry Link TO Blackberry Desktop

For the transfer or data from z10 to your old device it is possible with a use of a third party file converter.

WINRAR - try looking for this file you just have to change the file format to .bbb (z10) to .bb ( OS ).

for the stolen device call your carrier so that they can send a request to BlackBerry to block your PIN in that way the device will be totally useless.

Let me know if this help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Aynac
My Device: Z10 + Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Transfer data from Blackberry Link TO Blackberry Desktop

Thanks you so much for the quick reply

The Torch backup file seems to be *.bbb too so

I tried to move the Z10 backup file in the same folder that the Torch backup files but it doesn't appear in Desktop manager (with the torch back up files restauration folder)

I also to change to rename the file in *.bb but doesn't appear neither

...but i did not follow your advice with WINRAR 

I don't understand what to do with WINRAR : what is the WINRAR procedure to translate it into a Torch backup file ?

Please use plain text.