Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Transfer data to new BlackBerry10

You're on Bell? You should be able to get it tomorrow!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: bell

yes im on bell
and im getting it tomorrow
so by tomorrow night i will know if i have all the contacts
on the new phone
i will post the results
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: bell

Hey I just opened BBprotect
and send me to this link..
http://ca.blackberry.com/devices/features/security/protect.html

[quote]

Back it up (for smartphones with BlackBerry 7.1 OS or earlier)

Your contacts, text messages, calendar and bookmarks can be backed up wirelessly. It’s done automatically, and as often as you choose (daily, weekly or monthly)[quote]
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

No you won't, not with Protect anyway. i've been trying to transfer my Outlook data to my Z10 for the last 4 hours and i'm so fed up with it i will give it another hour and it's going back!

So far i've found nothing that will copy my contacts other than importing them into an outlook.com account. Companionlink looks like the way to go but as yet it's not on App world so you can't load it on the device. 

The link software did import my tasks and notes from outlook and just dumped them into the remember folder and duplicated them in the process.

So not overly impressed, i just wished someone at Blackberry just thought about a range of tools that could be used from day 1 that would make the users life easier. Infact it's the same problem everyones had with the playbook since it's launch and they haven't listened yet so why do we bother.

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Celcom (Malaysia)

Hi juz wanna to correct some fact,bb protect do save/backup for pw keeper, notes, task, text msges,contacts, bookmarks etc. But I prefer using apps called "Advance OS n LED pro" by sultan. Its backup everything in ur contacts I.e notes, add n pic. Also can merge multipld contact/delete duplicate etc. Not think bb desktop software could do that.
P/s sorry, juz want to share what works for me.
Please click LIKE on my post should u feel this post is relevant and has help u in some way. Mark it as solved if my responsed answered your question.. Thumbs-up me if u feel worth the idea we communicating.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

Your right protect does backup your data on your old phone but it won't restore it onto a Z10.

Contributor

1 more thing, save everuthing on bb protect. I manage to restore it for myself n also to new bb for my frenz. But for contact I recommend "Advance OS & LED Pro". Juz USD1.99 n worth every penny. Once u hv dis u won't need other apps anymore. Its hundred in 1 apps. D best ever in apps world.
P/s sorry again, not try to promote apps but juz wanna share wat works for me
Please click LIKE on my post should u feel this post is relevant and has help u in some way. Mark it as solved if my responsed answered your question.. Thumbs-up me if u feel worth the idea we communicating.

Contributor

Yup.. I'm not to sure about that. Don't own 1. Did bb 10z hv bv protect after all?! If no than its bad for BB old-timer but if yes then its must be a way. Will update again in a mth... Or so.
...Still waiting bb10 in dis part of d world.

Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

King, it would help here if you tried harder to type more clearly in english, I'm having a problem following what you're saying.

I have Advanced OS and LED installed. I don't see how that backup will restore to a BB10 device. Could you please enlighten me?

Thanks.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Can't comment on dat yet. Not in market @ my country juz yet. But I don't think its impossible to do so. Give me time till we have it here. Ok?

P/s sorry 4 typo n grammar. Its late nite in dis end. Not try being clever but juz try to share n being logic.