Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Transfer data to new BlackBerry10

ok. lol then I don't know why you're in this thread, since this thread is about transferring data to a new BlackBerry10 device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingsyah
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Celcom (Malaysia)

I'm in bcoz this transfer data is do-able. I post a basic idea on how it should be done n o know all Guru in here could improvise frm my basic idea. Don't make things simple looks complicated. If can't give direct solution then share d xperience that r lookalike, smart people in here will get d idea. Originally I'm I'm dis thread was to correct some fact dat r not correct.
Please click LIKE on my post should u feel this post is relevant and has help u in some way. Mark it as solved if my responsed answered your question.. Thumbs-up me if u feel worth the idea we communicating.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AA388
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

"Originally I'm I'm dis thread was to correct some fact dat r not correct"

Ok what's not correct.? 

The Fact is that Blackberry Protect will back up your old phone and it is a Fact that it wont restore it onto a Blackberry Z10.

I have a 9800 and a Z10.  And the only way I have managed to get my Z10 into a semi working state is to create an account on outlook.exe load that into my local outlook and copy calendar entries and contacts to the outlook.exe account which syncs them with my Z10.

Until DejaOffice is in the Appworld it will have to do.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingsyah

U don't hv Advance OS LED? Its has a function call "export contacts". Familiar wt this? This wat I whan to tell u guys. Or wanted me to feed everything step 1 to ...... ? Aa388.... This outlook export is very simple n basic way though. So u already an expert after successfully transfer ur contacts n calendar qt 1 only way outlool export? 10z already mean a lot to u? How long u using RIM Product? Or are u juz too excited with those add-on android tidbits in dis new rim product? Bcoz u juz sound like moking people...
Please click LIKE on my post should u feel this post is relevant and has help u in some way. Mark it as solved if my responsed answered your question.. Thumbs-up me if u feel worth the idea we communicating.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AA388

"How long u using RIM Product?"

8 years using rim products.  22 years writing databases with sculptor then Clarion. No not an expert  but if I wanted to write the program to do it myself I would but I haven't got the time or inclination to do it!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingsyah

That's what I meant...

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Nine years. What's the point?

I use Advance OS and LED for OS7, there is nothing comparable on BB10 yet, and your comments have corrected nothing.

Your text speak manner is pretty darn good, like any 15 year old.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lou2969
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: bell

[ Edited ]

HOLD ON GUYS..
I did a transfer in 2.minutes and 34 seconds
how?
connect the old blackberry to the desktop Link
a message will pop up
device not supported do you want to transfer contact and ....etc. to a new device JUST CLICK YES
and it will do the rest ...then follow the instructions

it did transfer EVERYTHING even my browser Bookmarks
THANKS B-BERRY
Should close this thread now:Punk:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AA388

"Should close this thread now"

Why?

Just because you got it transferred doesn't mean it works for all. I did exactly what you say in your last post and it copied everything except contacts and calendars.

The belief the Blackberry support  that I talked to has, is that as the contacts list and calendars are linked to a mail account that they won't transfer and are looking to see if it a procedural thing in that you must do X before Y.

When they get back to me I'll put there reply here.

John

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingsyah

Speak-text manner bcoz u d 1asked for. Read ur earlierpost...! Guru wannabe

Please use plain text.