Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

debschwab
My Device: Torch 9810

Trouble Syncing - Connector Specific Error

Hi there,

I am trying to sync my Torch 9810 (7.0.0 bundle 1355) with desktop software.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software 3 times, and spent most of the day trying to find a solution in the support forums with no luck. 

When I try to sync the calendar I get a "Connector Specific Error" and the sync fails.   My search of this forum has uncovered a knowledge base document referring to a debug fix, however I am not a developer and have no idea how to do this.  Is there a fix that the average person can do, or do I need to go back to good old paper & pen (sorry - that's the frustration coming out).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

New Contributor
usking2
My Device: Torch 9850

Re: Trouble Syncing - Connector Specific Error

It's really sad that Blackberry has made no attempts to fix this problem or contact its many users.  I just purchased a Torch 9850/Outlook 7 and it's been frustrating as hell to get an answer to this problem!  I've been working on it for over a month and still it doesn't work.  I really want to throw my cell phone away!  This shouldn't be this difficult!  Like you, I am not a developer.  Why can't they create a "fix it" patch to download into their software.  I am officially an angry user.

billq
My Device: 9900

I joined this forum looking for answers about this exact issue.  I too am very frustrated after spending countless hours trying to debug the problem, to no avail.  I rely on my calendar every hour of every day, so when the Outlook calendar isn't sync'd up with my Blackberry, I'm in trouble.  I've poured over forum postings, etc. and there doesn't appear to be a proper fix.

I recently upgraded to Desktop Manager 6.1 and I believe this is when the problems started to occur.

I hope that someone from Blackberry Support will step in and offer us some guidance.

New Contributor
jzotkiewicz

I've done all the same tasks that all the other people with connector sync issues have and nothing seems to work. I even took the phone to an ATT 'Service Center' which is supposed to diagnose and correct phone problems. They said that I had done everything that they would do.

I cannot find any technician to email on Blackberry's Support page. I've been working on this over a month now (it started when I updated my desktop software). All my data is in Outlook and I need the sync capabilities.

The rest of my family has I-Phones and I may soon be headed that way. Hopefully someone in Blackberry Support pays attention to these threads. 

New Contributor
nqanadilo
My Device: Bold 9900

Same issue here.  It's extremely frustrating.

This is starting to damage the whole user experience for me and BB should pay close attention to this.  Not being able to sync the calendar is a critical issue that is enough to get me to switch from BB very soon if not resolved

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jzotkiewicz wrote:

I cannot find any technician to email on Blackberry's Support page. I've been working on this over a month now (it started when I updated my desktop software). All my data is in Outlook and I need the sync capabilities.

Call ATT and have them ESCALATE this issue to RIM level tech support.

jzotkiewicz wrote:

The rest of my family has I-Phones and I may soon be headed that way. Hopefully someone in Blackberry Support pays attention to these threads. 

Whatever. Follow the prescribed support channel and you'll get the help you need. There's no need for you to be rude.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jzotkiewicz

Thanks for the response and info.

My intentions were not meant to be rude, just realistic. I've spent several frustrating hours on this issue (including a long, unsuccessful wait at an AT&T support center) and I do not want to have to spend more time on the phone to correct a problem  that I apparently share with many other people. I'm not sure what ATT (via my phone) will do that the Support Center could not, but I guess that's my only option.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

debschwab

I've downloaded the Syncomatic app from the app store. it Syncs automatically using BB push technology. they have a 14 day free trial, then it's $4 a month. I really don't think we should have to pay for an app to do what BB advertises as a standard feature, but I do love the idea of never having to manually sync again.
drawsalohcin
My Device: Pearl 9100

Hi,

I've had the same problem and have done a bit of digging around the forums and I think i've found a couple of articles that will help you solve it.

1. Forum article

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Desktop-Manager-6-0-wont-sync-Tasks-o...

2. Knowledge base article

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB1...

Hope this helps

Cheers

Contributor
ta1835
My Device: Q10

Same problem, cannot synch my wife's calendar on Bell Mobility Bold 9900 to Outlook 2010.  This used to work perfectly.  Now the only way to do a synch is to delete the Calendar - All data first.  Should be noted that the Calendar data on device shows 3758 entries while Calendar - All shows 7516 entries.  Must be the reason for this synch failure.  Why would device be duplicating data and stopping DM from doing synch.

DM is 6.1.0.35, Windows 7, Outlook 2010 - all updates applied.  Bell Bold software 7 bundle 2406

This needs to get fixed and seems like lots of people are having this problem.  Any ideas?:manmad:

msr