Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Trouble syncing calendar

I have v4.7 of Desktop software and a blackberry curve. I am using Outlook and I am running Vista. I used to be able to sync everything. Now my calendar is not syncing. I tried restarting blackberry by doing battery pull. I upgraded Desktop software to most recent version. I reset sync configuration. I only had it syncing my calendar and it starts the process, beeps and nothing gets synched. What else can I try?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Trouble syncing calendar

so you're saying it beeps and nothing appear ? no error message ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Yes, no error message and nothing gets posted to the log. My outlook calendar does not change and my blackberry calendar remains unchanged. It also does not show it going through the calendar entries on either side. It only starts the sync process and then stops.
Guru I

I think something is wrong : maybe the desktop manager does not see your calendar anymore.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue.  I was recently part of a BES through my employer and have since been removed at my request because I was running both Outlook (personal) and Lotus Notes (corporate) and it was too cumbersome.  Additionally, I downgraded my plan with AT&T so I am no longer sending/receiving emails on my device.  However, that should not prohibit me from synching my device with Microsoft Outlook because my Address Book, Tasks, and Memos are syching just fine.  My calendar will only update the same entries (Outlook --> Device) and continues to update the same 285 calendar events every time but won't read my calendar entries from Device ---> Outlook.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling DM (now running v4.7 without Media).  I have tried adjusting from Device ---> Outlook, Two-Way, etc.  I have read many strings on how to solve the issue but nothing has worked.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

New Contributor

OK, that makes sense. So how would I get the desktop manager to see my calendar?
Contributor

That is my question also.  I was hoping to get a response from the Expert in this string...Xandrex.  I am having the same issues as you are nhummel.  We are trying to find an answer for the same issue.  Xandrex, any suggestions??

Guru I

sorry, I don't know how to solve this issue. I am not familiar with Vista tools.
can you make sure that in Outlook, the calendar where the events are is the main calendar ?

Contributor

Sorry, I didn't specify that I was running XP Pro.  Also, I am having issues synching from my Device-->Outlook, not from Outlook-->Device.  Does that make any difference?