Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

ninjogirl
My Device: Not Specified

Trying to restore my damaged blackberry info to my new blackberry

My old phone was water damaged, however I did save the information on my blackberry desktop software.  I plugged my new blackberry into the USB port and I have not been able to connect it.  I have tried the detect and rebooting my computer.  Please help me because I would like to have my information from my old phone available to me on my new phone. 

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Trying to restore my damaged blackberry info to my new blackberry

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Please try the following:

Pull the battery while the device is ON, replace after a minute,

let the device reboot 1-3 min, Retry the function that was the problem

Please let me know!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

ninjogirl

Thank you for your reply.  I just taking my battery out.  Unfortunately it is still not working.  My computer detects my USB connection to my phone and prompts me to a place where I can see my files on my new phone.  I believe it is reading it as a J drive.  However when I got to the Blackberry desktop software I went to connection settings and then searched the USB connection it is not detecting that I am connected.  Any other suggestions?

Guru I
Bifocals

Hi and welcome to the forums!

First question...did you catch any fish :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Okay, leave the battery out but make sure it;s got a charge.

I'll be right back wth a procedure to load the dead BB, I suggest you get your media card out.

Wait 5,

Okay?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I
Bifocals

Okay, if you put the battery in does it stay on for a minute or so? If th battery just works for a ,minute: This is the procedure I was talking about: Once you have downloaded and installed this, then you need take advantage of the small window at boot up time when the device will 'connect' to the PC. So get your Desktop Manager started, start Application Loader (onto the Welcome screen which says 'Next'), and get the USB cable ready. Then, quickly, remove and reinstall the battery, plug the device into the USB cable, press 'Next', and hopefully the application loader will find the device and display the USB connection in the "Drop down" list labeled Connection. Quickly press Next to connect to it, and it will stop the start up processing and allow you to reinstall the OS. You will then get the normal application loader screen with all the OS components to install.\ Hi and welcome to the forums! Sounds like you need to reload your device OS. Get a copy from your carriers download site If you have a recent backup from BEFORE this problem happened you can use it. Follow the steps outlined in this post by Tanzim: Step #1 Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer. Step#2 Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site. Step#3 Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps: Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Double-click Backup and Restore. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save. Step#4 To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps: Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Double-click the Application Loader icon. Click Next to start the installation process. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications. Click Next. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly. Click Next > Finish. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Please let us know if we can help you with any information on this Thanks,

ninjogirl

Thank you for such awesome information!  I just tried to do it through the application loader.  I took my battery out and put it in then quickly connected it to the USB clicked on application loader so that it could detect it and it still says device not found.  On my phone however it asks if I want it on mass media storage.  Do I need to have it on mass media storage or not?  Still having connection problems...!!  Even when I push yes it doesn't connect that way.  What's the next idea?  LOL..
Guru I
Bifocals

YES TO MASS MEDIA;.....you only have that little window to put the battery in and let it be recognized, you can pul it after that