Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
bina29
My Device: Blackberry Storm2 9550
Accepted Solution

Turning on 'Location Services'

I am trying to use Facebook on my mobile and be able to "check in" as they call it.  Basically means when I post it will give my nearest location for instance.  My phone keeps telling me it I can't because......"Location Services is Disabled. Please turn on Location Services under the device Options"  I have investigated this every way I know how and no where have I found anything about Location Services.   Does anyone know what this means and how I turn it on?  Thank you!!

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Turning on 'Location Services'

Hey Bina29,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you, what model BlackBerry smartphone and software version are you using?  If you are using the BlackBerry smartphone 9550 as listed on your profile here is how to enable GPS:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/11499/Turn_on_Assisted_GPS_support_10904...

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
bina29
My Device: Blackberry Storm2 9550

Fantastic! Looks like it worked! Thx so much!

PDub1969
My Device: Curve 9360

I have another model phone, a Curve 9360, I cannot find location services on my phone and therefore, cannot "check in" with Facebook. I've gone to options in Blackberry and can't find GPS and also in Facebook cannot find Location Services.

I have enabled everything, Nada.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. 

KaKlingelhutz9982
My Device: blackberryZ10

I am also trying to turn on location services and tried everything!!! I have blackberry z10. I have been through every part of phone and can not turn it on. I have been to correct screen and it's locked or won't let me slide it to on. Thank you!!