Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

maxschneider
My Device: Not Specified

Two problems: Record skipped during synchronization & Outlook reminders

I've just moved into my BB Curve this week, and am running into a couple of issues when I sync with Outlook:

• The reminders for some of my recurring appointments are triggered during the sync process
  • One calendar entry in Outlook is skipped, and I can't locate it.

With the first problem, it appears that Intellisync is alternately updating all of the calendar entries in Outlook or the device every other sync. That is, one pass it uploads to Outlook, the next pass it downloads to the BB.

With the second problem, I've located the following line in PtTrace.log:

Wed Apr 30 17:09:07 2008: Error Unable to convert field data. Skip to next record.4238 at RIM::smileyvery-happy:eviceIConnector.cpp line 825

However, I don't see anything in the log that gives a hint of the bad calendar entry.

I'm running Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17 on Windows XP SP2.

Any suggestions for solving these problems is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Max

Please use plain text.
Zahid
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Two problems: Record skipped during synchronization & Outlook reminders

Any luck on fixing problem #1? I have the same issue and it's driving me nuts. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Paradox
My Device: Curve 8310

Re: Two problems: Record skipped during synchronization & Outlook reminders

I have the same problem, did you ever find a solution?  As for the overdue calander event that keeps poppoing up when you sync I just deleted it off my device and resynced and told it to copy it from the PC to the device and I'm waiting to see if that worked.  The 2nd issue you're having I also have except it says that it's an address book contact that can't sync, so I'm probably going to just delete my entire address book from the device and let it re-sync and if that doesn't work then I'll delete all contacts from the PC and re-sync.

Good luck, and I'll let you know if anything I try works out.

Please use plain text.