Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Two-way calendar synchronisation issue with Outlook

My Bold 9900 is set to synchronise with Outlook 2-way, but keeps asking me to delete old entries in Outlook that I want to keep.  I cannot synchronise any new entries or amendments in Calendar or Contacts without fear of deleting old calendar entries.  If it's 2-way why does it want to delete old calendar entries in Outlook?  Surely it should import these onto the device?  Advice please!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Two-way calendar synchronisation issue with Outlook

Hello Jasper-xx and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your Calendar sync.

It sounds like you have your sync settings to sync all Calendar entries but your device does not have the setting enabled to save all items forever, but within a date range.

See KB16261 for more information on this and for steps to prevent the deletion.

Let me know if you have any further questions and if you're able to resolve the deletion prompt. 

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks. It was set to Forever already. Any other options?
New Contributor

Sadly it appears not.  So I've since bought a Samsung.  Bye Bye Blackberry - another one bites the dust.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin

I'll try one very basic suggestion, and you might be more advanced. The first Sync, I would do one way, from Outlook to BB. Then do 2-way after that. But it sounds like you already have data on your BB, that you want added to Outlook. You could export your calendar on outlook, then delete all entries in outlook, then do 2-way sync with BB, then import your calendar back to Outlook (should be ways that entries get added, and current entries do not get wiped out), then do another 2-way sync to see if it works then? A lot of work, on a hopeful hunch
New Contributor

That's a kind suggestion, thanks.  I did that for the same problem a couple of years back.  Whichever way I 'one-way' sync I end up deleting new information, so of course it can work, but I then have to reenter all new calendar entries and contacts (or changes to old contacts).  You can imagine how frustrating this was: finding incorrect information or that it had been deleted.  The Samsung works well, but imports Contacts without their e-mail addresses....oh, dear, some things never change!