Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

USB Connection Issues

Have the 8330 Curve and the Blackberry Desktop application.  It has allowed me to install apps such as opera mini, a stock portfilio app, and can import my calendar items.  I now see 'connecting' in the lower right corner.  Do not see anything on the desktop app that I see as abberant.  What would I need to check on the device to troubleshoot?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: USB Connection Issues

Hi PhilPense,

To troubleshoot any connectivity issues with the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, please have a look at the following KB article. Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting a USB connected BlackBerry smartphone. www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB00125

Hope this is helpful.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: USB Connection Issues

Much thanks for your reply.  I have taken the cellular contract off of this device as I already have two cellular phones with contracts.  I want to use the blackberry just for a media device.  I have audiobook content but I am told that I must get a media app directly from the internet onto the phone.  The books are already on the device so I am looking for a way to get onto the internet for this single file access.  I have DSL at home but i have not found competent guidance oh how to connect to another computer that has bluetooth AND LAN access.  I two computers with LAN and bluetooth .  Still seeking guidance.  Remember that the Cureve 8330 has Bluetooth but NOT WiFi