Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
malcolmnc
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

USB Device Not Recognized

My 7105t worked fine until about a week ago, then my computer started sending the message above, in the subject line.  I've tried everything I can think of, including reinstalling software, but nothing prevents the message reapparing and, therefore, lets me sync.  I hope someone can help.  I'm using desktop Version 4.2.1.8 with device manager 4.2.1.9 and BBDevMgr (Two device managers somehow, is this a problem?), USB serial driver 3.1.0.1, application loader 4.2.1.11 and RIM program 1.0.0.35.  Oddly, when I try to repair through add and remove programs, the computer (Windows XP) cannot find the software, which I reinstalled using default settings by finding it myself. I'm at wit's end and will appreciate any advice.   Thanks!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: USB Device Not Recognized

1. Remove the BB from the USB;

Reboot the PC, and while powered on, remove the battery on the BB, reinsert after a few seconds, and reboot the BB.

Try it all again.

2. Make certain your USB cable is connected to one of the PC's main rear USB ports. Not a USB hub, nor a monitor USB port, nor a USB port on the front of the PC. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
malcolmnc

Thanks for the advice.  I had tried a version of that--without rebooting the PC--and that didn't work.  Then, I tried your method.  Unfortunately, that didn't work either.  I may wipe out all the BB programs and start from scratch.  Ugh!  But know that I do appreciate your response.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Does your BB show as charging when connected to the PC (a charge symbol next to the battery icon on the homescreen)?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
malcolmnc

No.  In fact, I've noticed that the battery drains rather quickly when attached.  I do hope you're onto something.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

IF you have Desktop Manager loaded to your PC/Laptop, and you are not getting a charge symbol on or near your battery icon onscreen, AND you have tried different charging methods (auto, wall, AND different USB cables), I am guessing that you might have a bad USB port on the BlackBerry.

It could have come loose inside the device, or you might have bent a pin in the port.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
malcolmnc

Again, thanks for your advice.  Actually, I can charge from an outlet with no problem--fortunately.  What I have not done is try another cable since I don't have any that fit the BB.  I'll try and round one up.  I guess if that doesn't work, a new BB may be in my immediate future, alas.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
malcolmnc

I did two things at once, so I'm not positive which half worked.  I pushed the cable into the BB port more firmly than before and I jiggled the cable in the PC port.  I think the port, which wiggled, is the problem.  I got the PC recognize "new hardware," but I couldn't get desktop manager to go beyond "working" to "connected."  I imagine this new information narrows the possible causes?  Still hoping. . .
Please use plain text.
JSanders

The loose port may very well be the problem.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
malcolmnc

you've been great.  thanks once more!