Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
aenawi
My Device: Bold 9700

Unable to Import Unicode (csv) file to BlackBerry Bold 9700

Hi all

I'm facing some problems with my new BlackBerry Bold 9700. I have Nokia mobile, I exported my contacts using PC-Suite 7. The exported file includes Arabic characters, so the charset used was in Unicode. I've changed the heading for important fields (and removed others) so that they will match with BlackBerry. I imported the file with "BlackBerry Desktop Manager" using "Synchronize" feature. The import was successful, but the charset was  in wrong format (just like viewing html page with different codepage!) it was like garbage!

Anyhow, I tried to export, as an example, one contact from my BB and I included Arabic text, when I exported the contact list as (csv) I received a "?????"!!! I then imported the same file with "Synchronize" and strangly it did import and accepted the "?????" and displayed the actual Arabic text as a substitution.

How come BB don't support Unicode?! Is there anyway I can import my contacts from Nokia?

I appreciate any kind of help, hints or tips, thanks in advance...

BlackBerry Bold 9700

v5.0.0.442 (Platform 5.1.0.121)

Regards

Hashem

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aenawi
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Unable to Import Unicode (csv) file to BlackBerry Bold 9700

I guess, the only option that can help in such situation is to use Outlook Express!

This is how I managed to do it:

1. Sync between Nokia PC-Suite and Outlook Express

2. Sync between BB Desktop Manager and Outlook Express

3. Done

or

1. Sync between Nokia PC-Suite and Outlook Express

2. Export from Outlook Express as an address book (WAP) to use it on other machine

3. Import to Outlook Express (you can use Address Book from Accessories)

4. Sync between BB Desktop Manager and Outlook Express

5. Done

Regards

Hashem

Please use plain text.