Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
palmerbear
My Device: Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

Unable to Uninstall any version of DTM (5.0.1 or 6.0)

Since my computer automatically downloaded and installed DTM 6.0, I have had nothing but problems.  I was unable to get DTM 6 to recognize my BB Curve 8330, so decided to go back to version 5.0.1, which had been working flawlessly. Unfortunately, I have been unable to uninstall 6.0, and keep getting Error 1316. 

I have looked up all the previous responses to this error, and followed the directions given - have done the clean uninstall as described in KB02206, even doing the "Additional Information" at the bottom of that article, without success. I still show both Blackberry Desktop Managers in the Programs list, but the Control Panel does not recognize them as programs, so I can't uninstall them. I even tried to reinstall version 5.0.1 despite this with no success - same error.

I am running Windows Vista, 64 bit with all the critical updates installed. I was using Trend Micro Internet Security initially, but recently switched to BitDefender. I have lots of hard drive space, and have 4 Gb Ram with a Dual core processor.

I really hope someone can help me with this.  I'm getting more concerned by the day as I have no recent backup of my Life!

Thanks in advance

Linda

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Unable to Uninstall any version of DTM (5.0.1 or 6.0)

Hey palmerbear,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This will take a bit of time to resolve this issue, just to pre-warn you.

First we need to resolve the Error 1316, which is caused by the install-shield. Follow the instructions in KB04272, once you do this.  Then follow the instructions in KB02206.

You may need to locate the Windows Installer cleanup utility to physically remove BlackBerry Desktop Software from Programs/Features.  If you do a google search it is very easy to find.

I hope this information helps you out.  :smileyhappy:

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
palmerbear
My Device: Curve 8330

Finally! I was able to uninstall both DTM's.  I  installed DTM 6.0 and could not get it to configure the syn settings, so uninstalled it (using CCCleaner this time - success the first time) and reinstalled DTM 5.0.1.  Unfortunately, it won't recognize my BB Curve 8330 (Vista does).  So, Back to the boards for a new solution.

Linda

jmappleton
My Device: Storm

I've done everthing, including the additional listed above.  I have an instance of Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.5 that shows up in the Add/Remove App in Vista.  I cannot use the uninstaller without it prompting me to use the original disc to uninstall it.  I have used multiple uninstall tools, have even done the regedit/edit/find/delete/F3 combo for all things related to Blackberry including Blackberry, RIM, Research In Motion, Pumatech, etc.  I deleted ever instance of what I could delete and then used Bitdefender File Shreder to delete the files.  I downloaded a clean, full version of DTM 6.0 and went through the install to find that it says I have a previous version of 6.0 installed.  I HAVE NOTHING INSTALLED.   I am, often times, prompted to put the "install CD" which of course I don't have of that specific version.  I am at a complete loss!  There is literally no mention of any Blackberry product, key, app, version, etc. anywhere on my computer, yet it just won't install a new version b/c it thinks there is a previous version.  Also, my PC won't recognize the blackberry as a simple mass storage device.  I won't even show up when I plug the USB cable in.  HELP!!!

sonofsmurf
My Device: Bold

If you go to WINDOWS\Prefetch

and delete file RIMBBLAUNCHAGENT.EXE this will stop the software attempting to launch but wont remove the program in full.

I had problems with the software interfereing with other programmes and launching a lot!