Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
pie90000
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Re: Unable to install

I can't do the first step, the installer doesn't appear in the list or it's named something totally different, but I looked for it for a good 5 minutes. I did the second step but it still wouldn't install, the installer didn't appear in the list for the second step either so I had to click "other" when it asked for what programmes i need to fix
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: Z10

See if you can download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8483

Before downloading go to: Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information.

Under System Type:    X86 or X64 then when you click the download button choose:

Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x64.msu         or 

Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu         depending what you find in System Type.

New Contributor
pie90000

I tried the one that matches my system type to begin with, it didn't work so I tried the others, they didn't work either, it said the update does not match your system type
Forums Advisor III
fyip

What is your system type ?

Forums Advisor III
fyip

The one that matches your system type is the right one, you should not try the others.

Try installing this Update:   http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11395

New Contributor
pie90000

I tried the one that matched my system type and it did not work so I tried the others just in case which gave me the message that it didn't match my system type. my system type is x64

The second link you sent me comes up with "This update does not match your system" also. Weird.
Forums Advisor III
fyip

[ Edited ]

Windows Installer should be listed in Services and is not, how it was removed I do not know.

Did you use a Registry editor?, if you did that might be what happened.

Did you have a virus?, could also be the problem. Run your Virus Program.

Check for Windows Updates and if no success you may do the following.

You can do a System Restore to see if it will correct your issue.

If you do, choose a restore point just before the last program install.

Restore will correct your issue if you find a restore point before the problem arose.

Restore will not restore Windows Updates or Virus Program Updates after the point of restore so if successful you must Update again.

You can follow the Resolution in this article should System Restore not have a restore point before your issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2642495

Follow all instructions carefully !