Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Unable to read application data!

Hi

I have been trying to solve this problem for many many months. I am using a BlackBerry Bold 9000 with OS 5.0.0.509. I have Windows 7 and BlackBerry Desktop Manager v5.0.1 installed.

When I go to synchronize my address book with Outlook 2007 I receive the following error message:

2045i42B6BC51B5CF12D1

I have tried all the solutions that have mentioned in other forums etc. I have tried clearing the address book database and reinstalling it, didn't work.

Does anyone have any other solutions they can provide me? Is there a way to find if one of my entries in address book is corrupt?

Thanks!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Unable to read application data!

Sorry I'm not able to see that picture that you posted.

Take a look at this KB article

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02048

Most likely you have a corrupt contact or two. If you look at cause 6 of the article it explains how you can take a look at the log file to see which entry may be causing the problem. Most likely you have strange characters in one of your contacts that's causing the error.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Sorry, the error was when it got to 100 out of 166 in the Address Book sync process it said "Unable to read application data".

I have tried KB02048, unfortunately it was no help. When I did the advanced logging it just told me there was a corruption but did not tell me which one.

Thanks for your help!

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The image must be approved by a moderator for it to be viewable here. I have asked them to approve it.

Read over this FAQ, and see if this helps any.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Errors_syncing_the_BB_with_Desktop_Manager

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks JSanders for your help. Unfortunately, I tried those solutions and had no luck.

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

samo8906 wrote:

I have tried KB02048, unfortunately it was no help. When I did the advanced logging it just told me there was a corruption but did not tell me which one.

There are six resolutions listed the KB article. You tried ALL six?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Yer I tried all six. I just redid them and finally found the corrupt contact entry in the tif.log file. It was a birthday entered slightly incorrectly.

Thanks for all your help!!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Glad to help out. Have a good one.  :smileyhappy:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.