Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
krystl79
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to sync outlook calendar with blackberry calendar

The first time I installed and synced my blackberry with my outlook calendar using the Blackberry Desktop Manager, my appointments were all transferred to my phone.

However, now I am unable to sync my calendar.  I have the calendar configured to sync in the configuration tab with double arrow between calendar and outlook.

I do not receive any errors when running the sync - the appointments just don't show up on either my blackberry or my outlook calendar.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Krystal

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jonner

Re: Unable to sync outlook calendar with blackberry calendar

what BlackBerry Model are you using, as well as what software version? Software version you can find under Options> About. Normaly it is the 3'rd line down and will say 4.x.x.xxx
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krystl79

I have a blackberry Pearl 8130 and the version of desktop manager I am using is 4.3.0.15
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jonner

What version of Software are you running on the BlackBerry itself? Version of Desktop Manager is not important in this case.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krystl79

sorry about that - it's version 4.3.0.60
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jonner

Not a Problem, and that is what I expected was the version you were using. Upgrading to the newest version of HandHeld software should fix the issue. However to verify this is actually the issue. Connect the BlackBerry and Run Desktop Manager. Run Backup and Restore> Advanced. On the right hand side you should see device databases. Look for Calendar, Calendar All, and Calendar Options. If CALENDAR is missing then you will want to upgrade to the newest software, it is version 4.3.0.97 I believe.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krystl79

Looks like that was it - Calendar is missing.  So for my next question :smileyhappy:  how do I upgrade the software on my blackberry?

Thanks for all of your help!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jonner

First thing you have to do is download and install the software from Verizons website. at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry

Then you can follow this article for the Application loader

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB03621&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=KB03621

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
krystl79

This all worked!  Thank you so much for your help!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rogsmith9907

Jonner,

maybe you can help me.  i just bought an 8830, had it sync'd up with my work's MS Outlook, and can receive/send emails, downloaded my outlook contacts, but have a problem with the outlook calendar.  While I was successful in getting calendar items on the BB, it wiped out all calendar enteries prior to 60 days from the day of the sync.  So, today is 5/15, and it wiped out everything on the outlook calendar prior to 3/15/08.  I don't mind only going back 60 days on the BB, but if it does the same thing every time I sync to my outlook, i will be up a creek without a paddle.

any suggestions? 

Please use plain text.