Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
bcurry99
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unable to sync outlook calendar with blackberry calendar

BB loaded with apps will kill the saving capacity for the calendar.  Major problem with BB to catch up to iphone.  Fatal Flaw.

Raidenza
My Device: Torch 9800

Hello everyone

I have had my Blackberry Torch 9800 for some time now.

Our company does not have their own blackberry enterprise server.

It became extremely annoying to me to not be able to recive my meeting schedule remotely.

The only way the sync of calander and contact would work was with cable connection to PC.

Mail through our OWA server worked fine.

I found a work around that got me sorted and able to sync contact, calander etc. information.

As an added benefit it will also sync to all kind of other devices.

it also syncs other account types.

And it really is an open source solution (free)!

I have been using it for about 3 months now,with no problems.

It requires your PC to have a client loaded and a client on your device.

It basically makes use of a cloud synchronisation architecture.

It keeps your device connected to you calander and contects remotely

It will also copy your media as you define to the cloud.

If your are the proud owner of additional portable devices it will also make sure that they are kept in sync with your cloud storage as well.

Google calander sync  provides a similar function. It is not as complete as this cloud architecture and it gave lots of errors with our company network that uses a prxy server.

Truthfully, this kept me using my blackberry.

I was about to go back to my old windows mobioe phone that could sync everything with OWA.

Now in the days of tablet computing, keeping all your devices in sync with one cloud storage is a simple process.

It works on your normal data link, wireless network link, it will basically sync your cloud data with any connection available.

If you go to my.funambol.com you will find all you need to be able to use your blackberry actively even if your company does not have a enterprise blackberry server.

As an added bonus, your data, files, contact will also be usable from any device that has an internet connection.

This cloud based service really did make it possible for me to be completely mobile while using my blackberry to keep all my schedules and contacts up to date.

I also reommended it to a few coleagues who used blackberrys and other android devices.

It works very well with all the device types.

It really is a complete wireless sync for all your devices that will cost you nothing.

Enjoy your blackberry people!

ctaylor143
My Device: 9700 bold

I would just try BIEVO.  Its a calendar sync peogam that would allow your black berry and outlook clendar to synch together very nicely. 

bit.ly/BIEVO_SYNC

New Contributor
nancydrew
My Device: Blackberry 8830

Hey..did you get any suggestions as I am having the same issue. I have a BB 8830 and Windows xp. Sync worked perfectly until January 2012 (have had the device for almost 4 years)  Now, it is dumping entries more than 3 months old and deleting them from Outlook. My calendar setting on my deivce is set to keep appts forever... so it SHOULD NOT be dumping them after  3 months. I developed a work around which is to look closely  when I sync (via cable) at the  number of changes being made, if they are outrageeous going from device to outlook I cancel sync, reset the device in the desktop software  and then re-sync one way only from Outlook to the device... this is only going to work if I pay attention :smileyhappy: So... there must be a real solution rather than a work around...HELP:Helpsmilie:

New Contributor
arajgarhia1
My Device: Curve 8520

Unfortunately not.  In fact after I downloaded the latest version of the desktop software, nothing is syncing.  Trying it again after turning of the virus protection, and it is taking ages.  It is showing progressing, but it's been 30 mins.  Surely it shouldnt take so long.