Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: TIM Brasil
Accepted Solution

Unable to synchronize with Outlook

A few days ago Windows Update installed some MS Outlook 2007 updates and since then my Blackberry Torch 9800 won´t synch any longer. No error message appears - it just goes to a certain point on the synch bar and feezes there. Even when I click on cancel the synch it won´t respond.

I´ve uninstalled the Outlook updates but the problem persists.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Charles

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to synchronize with Outlook

Hello,

Please try running the RIM Desktop Software installation in "Repair" mode.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.... but.... how do I run "repair" mode?

Hall of Famer II

Two methods (this is standard Windows stuff...nothing at all to do with BB stuff):

1) If you have your original BB Desktop Software installation file, just run it and it will (after a few steps) prompt you for what you wish to do, which will include the "repair" option.

2) From your Windows Control panel list of installed apps (in some versions, it says "Uninstall a Program" , select the app and there should be a "repair" or "change" option available, which likewise will present you with the "repair" option.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks again Guru

Tried that... didn´t work.... :-(

Any other suggestions?

Tks

Hall of Famer II

Sorry, but I can't see your screen...what, exactly, does "didn't work" mean? Was Repair not available? Or was it available but running it made no difference?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Oh I´m sorry. I meant that I ran the windows repair and nothing happened. Now I think I did something stupid - I´ve uninstalled the software hoping that it would reinstall just by plugging the Torch in the PC... but now nothing is happening... good grief...

Hall of Famer II

cdpopoff wrote:

I´ve uninstalled the software hoping that it would reinstall just by plugging the Torch in the PC

Oh my...Windows doesn't work that way....MAC systems work like that (most of the time), but not Windows. For Windows, you must install device drivers and such BEFORE attaching the device to the system.

Anyway...then try from this point...I was going to next advise you to remove and reinstall the Desktop Software anyway, but there could perhaps be more things to do for the removal to go well...but we'll add that later if we must...

1) Get a fresh download of the RIM Desktop Software:

2) Install the Desktop Software to your PC

3) Start the organizer configuration over:

• KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    • KB23681How to configure organizer data synchronization settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Hi Mr. Guru sdgardne!

Hooray! 

Your suggestion to fresh download the RIM Desktop and I´m back in business.

Can´t thank you enough!

Grab a piece of paper for me to write an IOU!!! Big time!

Take care and be well!!

Charles

Hall of Famer II

Excellent! I'm glad you got going again. Enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates