Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi i just viewed the log on my blackberry torch and it said " a UI - UIE no face detected " What could this mean?

My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: AT&T

I went through the log, and found the line that said "S Java Exception- NullPointerException". I opened it up and it has the name, severity, GUID, time, and then it says "no detail message" and "net_rim_bb_messaging" and then there is a very long information summary (or I assume thats what it is).  What do I do now? Thank you so much for all of your help :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

After using the BB desktop manager to update and sync phone and computer I received the following message. I have removed the battery several times and even left battery out of phone for 15 minutes. I need your help please thanks Catherine Uncaught exception: java.lang.​NullPointe​rException.
New Contributor

Left out when I open the Blackberry messenger.  Need help desperately

thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Catvou10 wrote:

Left out when I open the Blackberry messenger.  Need help desperately

thanks

Hello,

There are a number of causes/solutions within this thread. So we can avoid redundancy, please fully review this thread and try the various things suggested. Report back your results.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I updated my Desktop manager yesterday prior to sync and update my phone with new version I had the problem with uncaught exception and now i tried  all of the steps from desktop restore  and now Its am frozen while restoring data from PIN it finally rebooted.  and after all this time still the same... Separate from the first time I ever had a problem Can I get Blackberry Messenger on Iphone with verizon. 

thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

No, BBM is tied only to blackberries and uses their individual pin.  In order to fix mine, I reinstalled the OS without BBM and downloaded it later from the app store.  Worked for a couple weeks, but now it is restarting every few minutes (at least) only without any error message.  I think mine is just totally dead, but I've been waiting on the iphone for a while....only 1 more day until I order.....

good luck with yours!  

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700

i have done the same but still i have this "uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception­" error when i restart my device if i have google talk or msg installed in my phone. But when i uninstall the prob goes. But reinstalling gives me the same problem and both the apps are nt working.. Please help

i have done the same but still i have this "uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointerexception­" error when i restart my device if i have google talk or msg installed in my phone. But when i uninstall the prob goes. But reinstalling gives me the same problem and both the apps are nt working.. Please help

also got this message when i open my calendar, nothing else. ill open it, and it wont let me scroll thru the next day, and when i click the menu button, the cursor dissapears, so im unable to click anything. after clicking the back button, it freezes. i was able to back up the files, but unable to restore. i have a blackberry 9330. pls help asap.

New Contributor

I too had this problem, read all the previous posts and nothing really helped.  BUT, I did find a solution!

I did an OTA (over the air) upgrade recently of the OS (operating system) and I suspect this is where the problem may have cropped up.

The simple, but a time time consuming, fix for me was to download the latest OS from my carriers webesite (in my case Telus) and do a new install with Blackberry Desktop Manager.

I backed up my entire BB first, BUT once the new OS was installed the only thing I re-loaded from the back up was my Calednar and Contacts and the rest were apps that I just re-downloaded, one at a time, from Blackberry App World.

To be sure the error didn't pop up again, after every downloaded app, I'd log into it, make sure it worked, and then do a full battery pull reboot and let it sit for a couple of minutes before doing the next download.

In the end, all went fine and I no longer have that error!

Glood luck to those experiencing this!!

Verm