Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
cmbianchi
My Device: Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon

Update 6.0.0.47

Update 6.0.0.47 is taking over an hour to install, it downloaded fine is this normal for this update to take so long?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
csantoss
My Device: 9900 / PB 32 GB
My Carrier: CLARO DR

Re: Update 6.0.0.47

Not really.  Completed mine in 10 mins... Better not to interrupt the process, but one hour seems too much...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

This is not normal! Get the standalone version from the below link - 

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cmbianchi

I already have installed the earlier 6.0.0?? This is an update that popped up just this morning when I opened desktop manager. Are you saying to download the entire desktop program again? Will the update be in there if was just released?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

cmbianchi wrote:

I already have installed the earlier 6.0.0?? This is an update that popped up just this morning when I opened desktop manager. Are you saying to download the entire desktop program again? Will the update be in there if was just released?

Yes download the full Desktop Manager installation package rather then clicking Install Update and install the DM again.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cmbianchi

Stange stuff happening. I was attempting to uninstall the dm program to install .47when an error message popped up that there was an installation taking place after I cancelled the update earlier so I stopped everything, rebooted the pc went back to add/remove to uninstall dm6 and the install patch popped up rather than the repair/delete option. Ran the update, fine, opened dm6 and saw it was running dm 6.0.0.43 and not the 6.0.0.47. I ran check for update in dm and it says i have the latest version. Whats up with the 43 and 47 version? I downloaded the 47 from the bb site and was ready to install it after uninstalling my dm. Think i should leave things alone at this point?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbuserhawaii
My Device: Bold

I installed 47 today and now Desktop won't sync.  Any way I can get back to 43?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbuserhawaii
My Device: Bold

Quick update.  Solved crash issue with 47...needed to download patch from CompanionLink.  Works just fine now.

Please use plain text.