Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10

Update or Upgrade

[ Edited ]

Dear BlackBerry Software Support Team

I have been having some problems with my bb desktop manager.
Lately it has not been responding to commands, like disconnecting the mobile internet link, where the links to apps on my PC are turned off but not the desktop manager.
The only fix that is given to the desktop manager, is to update, but I have found that the update is only for the upgrade.
I have an OS6 where the update is for the OS7, considering my contract runs out April 2013 I have no choice but to bear these frustrations other 3 quarters of a year.
Is there no patch or update just for the OS6 or is just the bare bones I have been working for me till I upgrade.

In the screen print below, you can see the desktop manager mobile connection on, in the bottom left of it's screen and at the bottom of the right of the PC desktop you can see that Skype, Yahoo and Windows Live Messenger are disconnected. 

BB DesktopManagerClaims.png

I do hope I can get some help with this problem.

Yours Sincerely
JTV

JTValerie
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Update or Upgrade

Hey jtv,

The BlackBerry® Desktop software and the BlackBerry® device software do not need to match, we recommend installing the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software version available.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10

Dear Hatchback

Thank you for your swift reply.

The lastest is for the OS7 Torch 9810, are you saying this is what I should install and it is compatible with my OS6 Torch 9800.

Please direct me

Yours Sincerely

JTV

JTValerie
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

[ Edited ]

Hey JTV,

Were you originally referring to updating your BlackBerry® Desktop Software or the BlackBerry® Device Software? BlackBerry® 7 is not available for the BlackBerry® 9800 smartphone but it is recommended to have the latest version of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software which is BlackBerry® Desktop Software 7.1.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!