Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Updated to DM 6, cannot configure sync

1000000% agree with wotze

Visitor
My Device: 9700 bold

Good job! You actually made me register to the forum so I can say:

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I AM NOT YOUR F*%#ING BETATESTER!!!

DM 6 is pain in the **bleep** and a great timewaster for your paying customers!!! Since updating to DM6 I also cannot get the sync to work, tried everything suggested in this thread and no go... It happened on both my computers (workstation and laptop). Both running XP Pro SP3.

But maybe i have a clue, at one point of time i got message that DM6 cant read or write some file in my user profile (C:\Documents and settings\i_didnt_write_it_down_and_the _message_dissappeared) ... Are you sure your programmers use environment variables and so on for correct pointing to directories? Isn't there any reference to fixed path that works only on some systems?

For example my machines are in Windows Domain and my desktop and documents are in "offline files" so there is no folder called  C:\Documents and settings\Bahno\Desktop, it's located on a completely different place and ransparently redirected by the system when handled correctly ....  and even if i didn't have offline files turned on, my folder would be called C:\Documents and settings\Bahno\Plocha because i use Czech version of Windows XP... Can't this be the problem?

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

KB19347     

"Unknown error reported" appears during organizer data configuration using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Do those with the unknown error see the same in the sync log?

Bifocals -

Could you tell me the deault installation location for the log file referred to in your earlier post, ref. K19347?

Thanks,

ghgrossman

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

ghgrossman wrote:

KB19347     

"Unknown error reported" appears during organizer data configuration using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Bifocals -

Could you tell me the deault installation location for the log file referred to in your earlier post, ref. K19347?

Thanks,

ghgrossman

Hi ghgrossman,

About 30 min out from my PC. I'll run a sync and post back.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I

Bifocals wrote:

ghgrossman wrote:

KB19347     

Bifocals -

Thanks,

ghgrossman

Hi ghgrossman,

Thanks,

Bifocals

EDIT: c:\documents and settings\(user)\application data\research in Motion\blackberry\intellisync\synchronize.txt

Dell Dimension XPS Gen 2 Windows XP Professional service pack 3.0

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.

I'm not getting the error messages so I went by the 600000  and the

[DeviceDatabaseAccessImp enter and exit fields.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

Bifocals wrote:

Bifocals wrote:

ghgrossman wrote:

KB19347     

Bifocals -

Thanks,

ghgrossman

Hi ghgrossman,

Thanks,

Bifocals

EDIT: c:\documents and settings\(user)\application data\research in Motion\blackberry\intellisync\synchronize.txt

Dell Dimension XPS Gen 2 Windows XP Professional service pack 3.0

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.

I'm not getting the error messages so I went by the 600000  and the

[DeviceDatabaseAccessImp enter and exit fields.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Yes.  I have found all of the errors listed in   KB19347      within my synchronize.log file, from the DM6 install. I see the knowledge base article does not offer a solution. 

Guru I

Hi all,

In going back through the different releases of desktop manager software we have usually gotten the following information in problem solving.

I would ask that if you can please list the requested files and the particulars for your configuration.

It anyone cannot post the files I will offer the following email address:

BlackberryBifocals@gmail.com. Feel free to send the files there if need be.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Very important please list if you uninstalled the 5.1 version before you installed the 6.0 version. If so how did you remove it.

2) Three log files: pttrace.log, tif.log and synchronize.log are required.

To get these logs:

Open iloptcfg.cfg. which is found at %APPDATA%\Research in Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

Edit the following values:

• MultiJobTraceLog = 99
  • TifLog = 99 (needs to be added)
  • Synchronize logs are located in the temp directory
  • LoggingFilter = 1 (only needed if testing filters. If it is not in the file, you can add it under the [ilwin] section)

Save and close this document.

When the you click Synchronize now, three files will be created in the same directory: PtTrace.log, tif.log and synchronize.log

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Maybe I'll "ding" with this on a non-critical machine in my spare time. But in the meantime, I run a business and don't have time to "play" at this, let alone put my data at risk doing so.

There is absolutely no needed new functionality in DM6. Version 5 works just fine and I'd just as soon keep it that way.

Yeah, DM6 is "pretty". I'll bet the folks at RIM start grinning every time they look at it. But I don't care much about RIM's vanity.

I do care that many, many other software authors write updaters that don't trash everything while updating. It appears RIM has yet to acquire that level of expertise.

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Sasktel

I Did a full uninstall of all black berry software on my Vista Ultimate OS. Restart and then a fresh install of DS 6.0.   Syncing fine now.

And I just fixed all my duplicate calander enties. That was just another fun thing the recent updates did to my Storm(1)

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
My Carrier: Swisscom

Dear Bifocals

I could not remove DM 5.1 normally (uninstall did not work). But a assume that the clean uninstall should have removed all relicts of all DM versions.

Before I started DM 6 this morning, I renamed the file %APPDATA%\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisyncsynchronize.log and connected my BB after I started SM 6. Then I tried to change the settings for the sync what failed again. I will send you the new synchronize.log that was created to BlackberryBifocals@gmail.com. May be that helps ...

Regards, voellm