Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
daqie
My Device: 9800
Accepted Solution

Upgraded iTunes to 10.5.1, Now Won't Sync Music

I recently upgraded my iTunes to 10.5.1, now the Desktop Mgr is telling me that iTunes is not installed and won't sync my music. It's telling me to either install iTunes or sync using Window Media Player (which I don't use). I've even tried restalling Desktop Mgr. Same error message. Not only is it installed but it's running. Ugh, Anyone know solution or at least having similar issue?

Trusted Contributor
parlabane
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Upgraded iTunes to 10.5.1, Now Won't Sync Music

Do you have a log from %localappdata%\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Logs\Desktop.log ?

I'm using 10.5.1 and it's working ok.

Maybe the log has an obvious error in it.

New Contributor
daqie
My Device: 9800

I cross-posted this thread to another BB forum and got the answer. It works like a charrm.

Overview
In some rare instances, it may be necessary to remove all traces of iTunes, QuickTime, and related software components from your computer before reinstalling iTunes. For most technical issues though, reinstalling iTunes is an unnecessary and overused troubleshooting step. If you are directed to reinstall iTunes by AppleCare, a Knowledge Base article, or an alert dialog, you can do so by following the steps in this article.

Notes:
iTunes Store purchases or songs imported from CDs are saved in your My Music folder by default and are not deleted by removing iTunes. While it is highly unlikely that you will lose any contents of your iTunes Library when following these steps, it is always a good idea to ensure that your iTunes library is backed up. If you're unsure how to backup, see iTunes: Back up your iTunes library by copying to an external hard drive.
These steps may take a significant amount of time to complete, depending on your system.

Steps
1. Remove iTunes and related components from the Control Panel
Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in [b]the following order. Then, restart your computer.
iTunes
QuickTime
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Bonjour
Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
Important: Uninstalling these components in a different order, or only uninstalling some of these components may have unintended effects.
If you need more detailed steps on removing and these components, refer to the following steps:

2. Verify iTunes and related components are completely uninstalled
In most cases removing iTunes and its related components from the Control Panel will remove all supporting files belonging to those programs. In some rare cases those files may be left behind. After following the previous steps, you should confirm that the following files and folders have been removed and if any are left behind, remove them now:
C:\Program Files\Bonjour
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\
C:\Program Files\iTunes\
C:\Program Files\iPod\ Note: Follow the additional steps at the end of this article if you receive the alert "Cannot delete iPodService.exe: It is being used by another person or program" when trying to delete this folder.
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\
C:\Windows\System32\QuickTime
C:\Windows\System32\QuickTimeVR
If you aren't sure how to remove these files, you can follow these detailed steps:

3. Reinstall iTunes and related components
After verifying that iTunes is completely uninstalled, restart your computer and then install the latest version of iTunes.

If the issue you are troubleshooting is not resolved after following these steps, it is not necessary to remove and reinstall iTunes multiple times. Instead, you may find helpful information at the iTunes Support page, such as troubleshooting steps related to specific alert messages.

:Clap:

paspung
My Device: Torch 9800

Went through all of these steps, uninstall / reinstall everything Apple, and BBDM still reports "iTunes is not installed" and music sync won't.  Any other ideas?