Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Tissy16
My Device: Bold 9900

Utterly confused....

Hey there!

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 through T-Mobile. I have been w/BB for a while but have yet to really understand this whole wireless sync stuff. I want my contacts to be updated on my phone, as I make changes to them in my Yahoo. How do I do this? Do I turn off the wireless sync on both my phone and BB Desktop? I consider myself a bit tech-savvy but for some reason this concept just doesn't compute in my head! LOL

Please help!:Helpsmilie:

Thanks!

Also: I did just update my desktop software to the 7.0 bundle and I have the lastet BB softward update on my phone as well. I believe it is the 7.1.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Utterly confused....

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Depending on your server-side environment, the capabilities are different...see this to start:

• KB03652 Comparing BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server features

If you are on BES (e.g., corporate-owned BB), then you have full OTA (Over The Air) sync as described. But, if you are BIS (e.g., consumer level), then things are different...and some services provide for OTA sync while others do not.

So, with Yahoo, according to that KB, OTA sync is indeed possible for both calendar and contacts. Here's some more reading material for you:

• KB25853 How to enable Yahoo! Contact Synchronization

Oh, and since you were unsure, here's some more:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck! Any questions, please be specific about (e.g.,) the KB, the step within the KB, etc.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code