Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

d1ppj
My Device: Curve 3g

Virgin Media (Wireless Service Provider Information)

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased a Blackberry 3g curve on virgin media. I am having trouble trying to use my blackberry as a modem. I have downloaded the desktop software so I can go online using my blackberry.  When configuring the mobile settings profile I am unable to find virgin media in the profile list. I have tried to use t-mobile (was informed virgin use t-mobile as a carrier for their network) as the profile but still no luck getting online.

There is an option to add a custom profile but I am unsure what information to add to the custom profile screen and configure this for virgin media. The information required to setup a new profile is as follows:

Profile Name

User name

Password

Access point

additional Commands

Does anyone know what information I need to add to this screen to configure this for virgin mobile.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Contributor
BryanH
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Virgin Media (Wireless Service Provider Information)

I was just about to ask the same question.  I have two Virgin addresses but not in the Uk.  I put in virginmedia.com but it was not successful, so I will wait for the a response.  I might ask Virgin as well and will let you know the result.

Contributor
BryanH
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Virgin Media (Wireless Service Provider Information)

I see how long your request has been waiting so there is not much hope.