Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
kevingibb
My Device: Not Specified

Vista Outlook 2007 DM 4.2

I have been running Vista with DM 4.3 (W/O MM) and OUtlook 2007 (Exchange Server 2003) for the last 2 months. Initially I had some issues syncing but got it working. After the 1st few synch I hit a sync issue with 1 re-occuring item in the calendar. I deleted and then I was OK for about 2 months. Recently, my BB stopped synching with the calendar. It would hit something in the calendar and just stop working and crash DM. I read the forums and did the following: Un-Installed the DM and ran the SCANOST.exe tool to fix any possible corruption. I then re-installed the DM as administrator and re-set the sync. I re-mapped all the conduits and then presto, nothing happens. The DM sees my BB, acts like it is going to sync but then does not synch. It does not crash. I have tried the above procedure a couple of times. I also tried installing DM 4.2SP2 with the same results. I am now back at DM 4.3. I created a new profile in Outlook with the same results. Anyone else seeing this? Really frustrating.
Please use plain text.
tjrohner

Re: Vista Outlook 2007 DM 4.2

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kevingibb

Re: Vista Outlook 2007 DM 4.2

I got it to work. Wacky. Related to Vista SW updates not running. I noticed the Windows spyware app was blocking certain startup items (although not DM explicitly). I fixed SU and then all was good.

Please use plain text.