Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: rogers

When i plug my headphones into my blackberry my music plays through my speakers instead?!?

I dont know why but everytime i plug my headphones into my blackberry my music plays through my speakers instead of my headphones? i dont know whats wrong... i know that its not my headphones that arent working because i used other headphones and the music still played through my speakers! i twisted my headphones in my phone more to make sure its connected to see if it would work but it still played through my speakers... its been happening for about a week now, i restarted my phone so many times and its still not working! it always worked before! pelase help me Smiley Sad

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: When i plug my headphones into my blackberry my music plays through my speakers instead?!?

Hello pretee7727, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Try following the steps in this article which may help you with your issue. http://bbry.lv/HoHsQV

Hope this helps. Have a good day. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: rogers

Re: When i plug my headphones into my blackberry my music plays through my speakers instead?!?

[ Edited ]

no it still doesnt work.. i have OS 5 6 and 8.. it doesnt work on any of them Smiley Tongue --- but i forgot to mention i droped my phone in the toilet ..:$ and then i left it in rice for 10 hours.. then my phone worked and there where rice stuck in the hole where headphones where sopose to go... i took all the rice out and i see that their are no rice left in it and my phone still plays through the speakers! i was thinking about getting wireless head phones... because maybe that hole is just broken in general??-- but there where rice stuck in the hole where u put the charger in too.. and the charging this works!