Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Which Version Of Desktop software To Install

Am a nebie to the Blackberry having been a Nokia Fan for some 15 years.  With the Nokia it was okay to update and use the latest version of their equivalent Desktop Software but you were resticted when it came to the actual firmware/software from Nokia for the handset.

So my question is that if I go down the O2 route on the Blackberry site they offer V4.7 050 whereas the current version is V4.7 059.

Or is it a simple case that if I do go down the route of 050 it will update to the latest version ?

Any ideas ?

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Which Version Of Desktop software To Install

You can download the latest version of the Desktop Manager from here. Version 4.7 is the latest.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Are you also asking about the device OS, or just the Desktop Manager?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I was just about to ask the same question. I just bought a Pearl 8110 on ebay. Didn't come with software. I will download the DM you mentioned above but do I need to update the OS or get additional drivers?
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

BalsGal wrote:
I was just about to ask the same question. I just bought a Pearl 8110 on ebay. Didn't come with software. I will download the DM you mentioned above but do I need to update the OS or get additional drivers?

The discussion here is about updating the desktop software -- totally separate from your device OS (though the DM can also do the device OS update for you). For the OS information, see your carriers download page...it is they who are in control of the version of your device OS that they certify and release:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Also, since you bought this on eBay, here is a procedure you should follow first and foremost:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05099&slic...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

THANK YOU!   I hope that I won't be too much of a pain in the a$$ going forward. 
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are Welcome! No pain whatsoever -- the only "dumb questions" are those not asked. We who hang out here regularly (some would say compulsively!!!) are all about helping others solve problems...no problem too big or small...well, as long as it has to do with a "how does it..." type of question...we try to steer clear of the "why does it..." types of things. Stick around! We're all here to help! Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I will arrange to install the latest desktop software but stick to the official recommended device os from O2.

Cheers